Glowforge Map

Hooksett New Hampshire. Couldn’t wait for my pro moder to arrive so I bought a Chinese laser cutter for the mean time and it’s pretty cool and it’s allowing me to learn all the basics and helps the cravings and at only 400 bucks. . Still can’t wait for the glowforge bonus features no hose dual cameras pass through internal cooling air assist WiFi the cloud the list goss on and on :smiley:

3 Likes

I did that. Also, my local MakerSpace has a 60W larger format one I use (just did some work for my daughter’s high school musical) for things that are bigger than the 9x12 I can do on the K40. I can do 18x24 on the MS laser and it’s got a pass thru front/rear like the GF for longer items. Figure I’ll have all my design and fundamentals solid before I jeopardize my nice new GF big $ machine :grin:

1 Like

Having the other laser is going to furnish you with a good perspective on what the 'forge can do once you get it!

Finally added - surprisingly it looks like I’m the first to add who’s located IN DC as opposed to near-MD or VA. Might be a function of available space - I’m still not sure where in my place the Glowforge gets to live…

1 Like

Glad to see a DC pin on the map!! I’m in agreement with you- can’t believe there aren’t more pins in the area. I’m the pin in Alexandria :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woot woot for the DMV!

I suspect you’ll be getting your GF before me (order wasn’t in for me till early January), so perhaps I’ll just have to come and peer in the window like the lonely little matchstick girl while I wait for mine to arrive. :wink:

1 Like

Haha go NoVa!

And my fingers are crossed! I ordered sometime in mid October so I’ll keep my eye on my windows :laughing:

1 Like

Just added my location.
First one from Uruguay!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Yes, I really am in Navarre although I had to put my marker back in place as it some how moved to the middle of the Gulf, but that’s fixed now.

Largo over here

1 Like

ok im in.

Miami fl, im nervous about the heat being a problem since i didn’t get the pro. only next year can tell (0.0)

1 Like

I know, that was one of the reasons I purchased the pro. Hot and humid here

I hope some of the most recent additions to the community add their location! I’m still looking for a neighbor.

Any pins fall out yesterday?

A little late but finally added myself to the map.

3 Likes

That’s really funny. Was telling my wife about 10 minutes ago there were only 3 people in WV on the map and then you popped up as I was looking to show her.

edit: for some reason I thought you said Martinsburg and was looking for that pin when your post came up. Then I remembered it was Huntington. We’re completely different sides of the state.

2 Likes

I meant to do it a long time ago but slipped my mind. While going thru the forum today someone mentioned exchanging materials with locals and I thought of the map lol.

3 Likes

Were probably going to be heading that way, before to long. My fiancé has family in point pleasant, and I have family down by Beckley.

1 Like

Is anyone else starting to think the number is being kept artificial on the map?