Glowforge Map

Only people who added themselves appear. There may be some who added a pin that have now backed out but there are hundreds that have ordered but not added themselves so.

2 Likes

the current number is 666 Iā€™m just wondering if people are afraid to be 667. Until a couple weeks ago it was adding 1 - 2 every other day. Could have been this thread staying near the top if people arenā€™t conspiracy theorists or superstitious.

2 Likes

I think Iā€™d rather be 667 than 666ā€¦ but Iā€™m not really into numerology, and I take Friday the 13th as my lucky day as I was born then, so maybe Iā€™m not the one to ask.

6 Likes

Fixed it, added my wife as a marker next to mine

3 Likes

We are planning to drive from Yellowstone National Park to Mount Rushmore, then on to the Great Lakes this summer. Since there is a LONG stretch of nothing much all around the Dakotas, I thought to check the map if there were people along the way and maybe a chance for a meet up.

Wyoming and the Dakotas have seriously lacking representation ><

3 Likes

West Springfield mass

1 Like

They are also lacking people. Which I do not necessarily consider a bad thing. Of course there is not much (or more accurately there is a lot of the same), with a few exceptions, on the northern plains between the Rockies and the Mississippi.

1 Like

Cool. Iā€™m down the road right over the CT border in Simsbury.

2 Likes

Added my dot in Midvale, UT. I see there are a few other Glowforgers nearby. Delivery cannot come soon enough! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Added another Northern Colorado 'Forge to the map. Cool to see how far and wide these things are going to be shipped.

1 Like

Hey one of the few in utah. Join the club, we seem to be a rare breed here.

1 Like

New game. 1st person to plan AND complete a cross country trip using this map to plot all stops at ALL pins wins!

And a free GF to the person who can do it in the shortest time (& can prove its the shortest :wink:).

Can you say ā€œtraveling salesman problemā€? :grin:

1 Like

You could go from Rushmore to Theodore Roosevelt National Park and then east to and through Minnesota. TR National Park is really underrated and under visited.

Hereā€™s a couple of images from my visit:

22 Likes

Wow @jbmanning5, those are drop-dead gorgeous!

1 Like

I live in Michigan. The lakeshore is beautiful during the summer.

3 Likes

Likely wonā€™t get all the way to the lakes. Main stop is Minnesota to see my brother, which is in the twin cities. But for geographical landmarking it was easier to mention the lakes :smiley:

1 Like

@vern and @nick07lee - Iā€™m also in Utah. @vern, I could probably spit and hit you. My better half was raised in Midvale. I figured there had to be more than just me.
Iā€™ve got a basic. Did either of you spring fro a pro? Whoā€™s getting theirs first?

Youā€™ll be just north of me, Iā€™m in Rochester. And @sawa, heā€™s to the west of me a little.

@cmreeder: Nice! I decided to spring for the Pro. In for a penny, in for a pound, right? But I was late to the table and only just ordered mine last week. Which places me on the tail end of the delivery list, I think.

5 Likes