Glowforge Map

:scream:

3 Likes

So
 do we start adding again?

If @makerblock doesn’t have a backup, then we might need to start again and setup some sort of mass deletion prevention scheme.

“Hmm, that’s a nice little laser community you got growing there. Would be a shame if someone accidently deleted it.”

Let the conspiracy theories begin.

11 Likes

Sadly for a publicly available map it is all to easy to delete

5 Likes

Bummer to lose the old map info. Re-added point.

Me too. I made mine a green star for the PRU :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooh, yeah. You PRU wranglers deserve a differentiating color.

1 Like

I fixed @rpegg’s - he noted his in the description but I flagged him as a star :smile:

1 Like

Itinerant Future Forger, one at each end of my ‘shuttling’ life.
:smiley:

Hey guys, how about we hold off on that. I will try to contact @makerblock through his website since he doesn’t appear to be following here, and if he is okay with it maybe I can restore the data I saved.

8 Likes

That was some serious forward thinking! :relaxed::+1:

4 Likes

Absolutely agree.

1 Like

Hey guys!
I do follow the posts, but intermittently. :slight_smile:
Yes, please do try to restore the data saved!!!
MakerBlock

6 Likes

Awesome, thanks for that! (and your original referral link is still there too!)

Now, I have this .gmap file that consists of the path of the 2017 solar eclipse superimposed on the Glowforgers Map, dated Feb 23, 2017 (any pins added after that will have to be re-added). I have no idea how to restore it; if I double click the file it opens in Google Maps. Anybody have any idea how to get it where it belongs?

4 Likes

Okay guys, I think I did it! I’ve added all the points from before Feb 23, 2017 to the new ones that have been added since that layer disappeared, which probably means some of you are on there twice. If you care to take your name off the untitled layer then it can be deleted.

Only problem is that the cute blue icon is now a red star and I don’t know how to fix that.

15 Likes

You’re a hero girl! That probably saved most of them! :grinning:

4 Likes

looks like 3 missing. Bravo!!

3 Likes

Thanks for rescuing and restoring the data!
I added the logo ages ago. Let me see if I still have it around.

4 Likes

Good job :thumbsup:. The Glowforge :glowforge: icon is a custom upload. But you have to do it for each individual.

2 Likes