Glowforge offline, "Device Error" when attempting to connect to any WiFi network

I dunno, those aren’t the lowest numbers I’ve seen on speed test, and it was doing okay before. (I wasn’t going to try the calibration until I had time to try it via a cell phone hotspot with the Micro Cell online!)

Let’s hope then.

FWIW, Speedtest on my 2.4 band is around 15Mbps and calibration wouldn’t complete (I have a 1Gbps broadband connection.)

The calibration is off just a bit since the move, but not enough that I’m in a big rush to redo it. I’ll see how it goes…once I’m able to print again, that is!

1 Like

I don’t know what speed you’re paying for, but that should be PLENTY of bandwidth.

1 Like

It’s free, courtesy of the neighbor who set it up, so I really can’t complain even though I’m used to more! :wink:

Thanks for uploading those logs! I took a look at some recent connection attempts from yesterday, and the error reasons I’m seeing are related to a network association failure. The good news is, this means your internet speed isn’t the culprit (I’d see errors relating to timeouts, if this were the case). However, if you’ve moved that means you’ve changed internet providers and the network may have gone through some “invisible” changes beneath the layer of SSID, password, and whatnot.

In technical terms, this means there may be a conflict with the IP address association of your Glowforge on the “new” network. Performing a factory reset of your Glowforge is likely to fix this. Fortunately, since almost everything is stored in the cloud, this procedure is quick and painless. The only thing you’ll have to restore is your wifi connection.

IMPORTANT: Please do not perform a factory reset in the future unless asked. The factory reset deletes troubleshooting information from your Glowforge that we can use to help you (the logs!), so we want to make sure that we have everything we need before a customer resets.

Here’s how to reset. Please do not turn off your Glowforge until the reset process is complete.

1. Turn on your Glowforge.
  2. Open the lid.
  3. Press and hold the Glowforge button. The button will glow teal and eventually blink teal.
  4. Release the button when it begins to blink teal.
  5. Press and hold the blinking teal button again until the button begins to blink blue.

The button will eventually turn solid green on its own, and your Glowforge will reboot automatically. Please contact us if the button does not turn solid green.
  6. After your Glowforge reboots, the button should glow solid teal again, and your Glowforge will be in Wi-Fi setup mode. Navigate to app.glowforge.com/setup and follow the on-screen instructions to reconnect your Glowforge to your Wi-Fi network.
9 Likes

Oh, wow, @vee, I had completely resigned myself to having to return my unit – this totally WORKED, thank you for the awesome Christmas gift! :heart::heart_decoration::heart:

10 Likes

That’s great to hear, I’m so glad! Please enjoy the rest of your Christmas, and happy printing if you get up to that today!

5 Likes