Glowforge stuck in “Scanning”

What’s the chances of that, same issues at about the same time.

How far have you got with glowforge sorting this for you?

Nada, but it’s only been 17 minutes so I’m holding out hope still. :slight_smile:

I just got mine to work…do you by chance have glare? When I closed my blinds it worked!!! (still took a few minutes, wasn’t right away). Also, I had taken the crumb tray out and cleaned the lens to ensure debris wasn’t the problem.

2 Likes

Pretty good, actually, with probably something on the order of 25-30,000 machines out there. One of the most common issues people have is wifi connectivity.

Have you tried changing which channel your wifi uses?

Tried hot spotting with the same results.

Given everything a clean and still getting the same problem.

GF geniuses can you offer some help please?

They’ve said the logs show your GF is having trouble getting a stable connection, and they gave you a whole list of suggestions (besides just hotspot and resetting your router). They can’t fix your wifi from their end – you’re going to need to work on your wifi connection. The next thing I would try is changing the channel used by the 2.4GHz.

If the hot spot with my phone made it work I would believe it would be interference with my WiFi, but it didn’t so I don’t believe there is a issue with my WiFi.

That hasn’t always held true for me. (I have super crappy Internet and a house that doesn’t lend itself well to clear wifi signals.) I would think it would be worth trying all the suggestions, on the chance one of them will get you back up and running.

What finally made mine a lot more reliable was changing to a clearer channel and putting a wifi extender right next to the GF.

I have just changed the WiFi channel without any joy, the router isn’t far from the GF either.

I’m so sorry you’re still running into trouble. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge, and noticed that your unit is experiencing trouble centering after startup.

The issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, ensure the cable is inserted straight into the clip and close the clip.

2. If any of the cables are misaligned in the clip, take a photo of the clip and cable and send it to me so I can take a look before you proceed. Do not try to adjust or reseat the cable.

3. Close the lid.

4. Turn your unit back on and wait for it to calibrate.

Let me know how it goes!

All clips are closed.

Would you say this one is misaligned?

Glowforge my machine has been down nearly a week now, would be grateful if we could get this sorted asap please.

I have read what seems like every post about this and have tried to:
*Reset Wifi
*Logged out of my account and logged back in
*Cleaned the lasers/camera/mirrors
*Checked the 5 clips
*rebooted my computer
*Moved the head to the center of the machine
*Reset the modem for the wireless router…

Am I missing anything??

Are you having issues also?

yes. It was working fine all day and not its not working at all. I am so frustrated. I am getting my ATT hot spot set up right now but i don’t think that will work either… I have been going through the community logs since 2PM eastern time. This all started at 1:40

I’ve had this problem for almost a week now,
Like yourself it was working perfectly fine then it just stopped.

The replies from the GF team have been very slow and it’s been very frustrating.

Keep me posted on how you get this sorted mate.

This is a pretty exhaustive list:

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.