Glowforge stuck on centering!

So my glowforge gets stuck on centering when I put a new proof grade material in and it just doesn’t do anything and then i push the head back and it works is this bad to do? and what is the solution.

Yes, it’s bad to move the head with the machine on. :grimacing:

Here are the troubleshooting steps for the issue you’re having: Stuck Centering/Focusing: How to Troubleshoot for potential Lid Cable issues before contacting Support 😲

Good luck!

3 Likes

I have found that roughly 99% of the time it is because the camera is dirty. Get some Ziess wipes from walmart. I think they area few dollars for a hundred or something like that and give it a good cleaning. That tends to fix any problems I am having.

1 Like

I’m sorry that you ran into trouble when trying to start a print recently. It looks like you’ve been back up and printing since contacting us. That’s great!

Has your machine gotten stuck during centering again? If so, please let us know the date and time it occurred and we’ll look into it for you.

Hi I have a new problem
I was just printing an acrylic proof grade material and all the sudden the glass cracked and the machine seems to be broken now it wont power on I have attached pictures what have gone wrong? I am so confused please help me! I waited so long for this machine and use proof grade and it just snapped out of no where here are the pictures and it is wet around some area is that bad? I wiped it down but I am so sad right now I want to use my glowforge

Oh no! This is a problem which we can’t solve remotely. Thank you for providing detailed photos which show what happened. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m closing this thread and I’ll be in touch via email very soon to sort out the details about resolving this problem. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like