Glowforge wifi

Help!
My sons hard reset my internet last night. I can get everything back online but I can not get my glowforge to connect past where the glowforge connects to my Mac. Has anyone experienced this? What should I do!

If your WiFi password didn’t change you shouldn’t need to redo the GF WiFi setup at all. Just turn it off and back on again.

You should not have to reset your Glowforge, but if you have pressed the button and entered the reset procedure, maybe following this video may help. Set up again - #4 by Jules

1 Like

The internet changed the network name and password. It will connect to the glowforge but will not connect to the WiFi after that. I am so angry with my boys!

1 Like

So when you switch back to your computer from the list of networks available are you prompted to choose the new network that your sons set up?

The internet wouldn’t have changed the Network name (SSID) and password, the hard reset may have changed them back to the original setting for that router and those setting should be on a sticker next to the model number on the router.

Otherwise they can only be changed by you which is done during the initial setup.

1 Like

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I had to get a new router and have been trying for days to get my GF connected. I saw this video and it showed me what I was doing wrong. Haven’t been able to print anything for FOUR WEEKS, thanks to Suddenlink (Altice). I’m up and running now. Thanks again.

5 Likes

Let me guess, teenagers??

5 Likes

Yippee!! Glad you are back in business.

1 Like

Yes, Teenagers!
They messed up some
Switches on the routers and Verizon found the issue l. I am back on n business.
Thank you for the assistance!

6 Likes

Glad you are up and running.

2 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!