Got THE email for my PRO order!

Here is hoping you will get word soon!

1 Like

The six week shipping window after acceptance seems impractical to me. If you don’t know when it will be shipped how do you know you will be around?

This winter I will go away to warmer climes for four weeks, return for four weeks over Christmas, and then go away for another four weeks. If I was told it might arrive in a 6 week window I would have to delay for up to four months to be sure to be home when it arrives. I don’t see why there needs to be more than a day or two between accepting and shipment.

7 Likes

Precisely right. When I originally heard this, I suspected they were giving the recipient 6 weeks to ACCEPT the shipping. Once the shipping is accepted, the GF should ship the next business day. That’s how 99% of shipping and receiving works in the world.

Not, “Oh I see you accepted your order that is 2 years late, we’ve got 6 weeks to confirm shipping kthanxbai.”

Most of this entire experience has been unacceptable, not sure why I expect anything different now. I just hope this was all worth all the frustration etc.

12 Likes

I’m curious and maybe it’s been mentioned but I missed it. Is there a timeline to respond to the email? Rather than agreeing to a delay what happens if I don’t respond for a week or so, and then respond with the yes I want it now? Can a current owner chime in?

I find it interesting that people are forgetting that the ORIGINAL shipping dates were December 2015.

Now I know that 19 months versus (currently 21 months since close of crowdfunding campaign) isn’t much comfort, but now prognosticating that 6 years in the future all the Pro’s will finally be delivered is anal-retentive.

I’m not happy with the slow progress of deliveries (and even less Pro email invites - before today’s invites), but with the delivery failures (primarily due to shipping carrier abuse), it is difficult to see how successful customer experiences can occur until this carrier abuse is minimized.

Glowforge did extensive testing of shipping materials and packaging (to the standards that UPS and Fedex established), but shipping carrier personnel have demonstrated the unknown factor of abuse that destroying our $2000 to $4000 purchases.

@Rita can only keep shipping out 1 to 3 units per person for a short amount of time.

I really don’t know how Glowforge and Flex can solve the mishandling of the shipments, but it may take changing carriers for a while to insure good deliveries. God help those overseas for shipping issues.

9 Likes

Assuming the issues really are shipping related… As a local who ordered on the first morning, it would be really cool if I could swing by and pick it up!

1 Like

What are you talking about? I haven’t heard of ANY shipping issues.

Here as some that had described shipping box comments:

@rekanize @mpipes I cannot remember a couple of others (punctured shipping box but no visible GF damage, coolant leak inside GF - rough handling and several people commenting on having to get a second or third GF after contacting support)

If you mean you’re in Seattle… well, they’re not building them in Seattle. They ship directly from the Flex factory in Milpitas, CA.

1 Like

I would be happy to pick it up in person and I live in New York. If GlowForge wants to make an ad about me driving my laser back across the country, you’re welcome to get in touch! You’ve got my e-mail address on file, hint hint… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Pick mine up while you’re there, and I’ll meet you in New York to pick it up.

Thanks.

1 Like

Seems like there’s a potential business opportunity here of picking up packages from one place and delivering them to another. Hmm.

12 Likes

I’m in WA state and I’d be happy to drive to get mine. I fear since I ordered mine in October a few days before it ended I’ll be getting mine maybe by Christmas. I still check for that email several times a day though.

They are being shipped from the manufacturer in the Bay area of California, not from GF HQ in Seattle

WE are in the same boat.

October order here myself.

I like the bay area that would be a great drive.

1 Like

@dan Will call? Can you make that an option? Even if you make appts for pick up,
Literally schedule us 15 min of each other to come and pick one up DIRECTLY from Milpitas, you KNOW we are going to baby it on the way home and if there is a problem, then you know it is most likely not from handling.

Please offer W/C, you can even keep my shipping fee!!!

Please consider!!!

3 Likes

Road Trip!!!

9 Likes

Please tell me I have misread this information on the FAQ page… Shipping completion is now October 31st… This is killing me…UG…

When will my Glowforge ship?
The big news is that we’ve started shipping, but we have to extend mass production longer than planned. As a result, your Glowforge may arrive any time between now and October 31st if you’ve ordered before October 25th, 2015. If you’ve ordered after October 24th, 2015, your Glowforge may arrive any time between now and November 30th.

Air Filters will start mass production on September 30th and ship to customers between that date and the end of December.

Ahh. That certainly makes sense.