Great customer service!

3 Likes

We’re experimenting with this - I’m so glad it worked!

13 Likes

This whole outcome is SO fine!

2 Likes

I got mine (yay) but I have to wait until the weekend to set it up and get printing (blast you work and school!) lol. So excited!

12 Likes

Fantastic news! Can’t wait to see what you can do with it! :grinning:

3 Likes

This is a super awesome approach, especially when International is eventually taken into account

4 Likes

Sweet!

3 Likes

The ultimate test of patience.
I had to look at the boxes for two days because of a time sensitive project. Months with nothing but time - and then it comes!

3 Likes

Awesome! Are you going to make cool Halloween gear for your office party this year? I enjoyed last year’s video.

2 Likes

I’m so excited to see a part shipped, rather than a whole unit swap!

5 Likes

Normally I would think they would ship the entire part rather than just the bearing if it came as an assembly from another factory, I doubt that’s whats going on here.

And what’s the fan for? Is that a piece of packing foam just to the right of the old carriage?

1 Like

That is the air assist fan, part of the assembly.

1 Like

Highly logical to have modules to swap rather than develop instructions and SKUs for every screw and bolt. Plus a lot of these things are probably built to tight tolerances, so you have to draw the line at what is user serviceable without specialized tools.

5 Likes

1x6b4e

10 Likes

That’s quite a departure from the standard aquarium pump method of air assist. Certainly cheaper, and potentially much higher flow rate. I may need to replace what I’m using on my K40 with a fan.

4 Likes

Yeah, but I usually hate it when looking for a relatively inexpensive replacement part and get hit with ‘Next higher assembly’.

2 Likes

It really pushes a lot of air. I did a deep test engrave on a home Depot flooring sample that left a big deposit of ‘varnish’ build up, so I ran a clean up engrave afterwards and that residue burned like napalm. the fame was at least an inch long, and the air assist pushed it horizontal, and out.
I understood the need for assist after that.

The head also has a fan less than an inch in diameter that pushes air down the lens bore.

5 Likes

I used the K40 without air assist for a while, cutting is nearly impossible without it.

3 Likes

Is that because of flame, or smoke attenuating the power?

I think it’s a combination. There is a lot of flame, and it does not seem to cut as deep without it. Some claim extra oxygen helps, but I don’t think that’s right.

2 Likes