Great customer service!

I love the replacement part! I am a fan of simpler, lighter, and less costly… where appropriate, of course. UPS does less damage to 5-pound boxes than 78-pound boxes. Or, for international folks, 2 kilos vs. 35 kilos. That’s great.

I am also quite impressed with customer service. Saturday night I went to continue projects I had been doing earlier in the day. Orange light. (amber light if you want.)

Reset everything. Gave it time. Still orange light. No pew pew.

I emailed support. They responded pretty quick with a “We are looking into it. hang tight” sort of email. The entire email chain is 12 messages, mostly because I kept getting antsy, and each of my anxious follow-ups got a courteous response.

Alas - my problem wasn’t a broken wheel or bearing.

I dropped Fawkes at FedEx this morning. By then, my new Glowforge had the departure scan from Sparks Nevada. If it weren’t for the weekend, I expect I could get it tomorrow.

Bonus to me: I get to keep my silver crumb tray. No fancy schmancy newfangled jet black trays for me, no sir!

12 Likes

That is such an obvious leap to make but it did not occur to me until you said this.

From an International POV being able to do replacement parts is a HUGE win for Glowforge and the Client-side.
As GF’s awareness of the particular issues firms up they are much more likely to be able to identify a malfunctioning part and send the replacement (where possible), this means a MUCH shorter and FAR less expensive turn around time for International Repairs

2 Likes

Yeah, when the call this unit back, it will be light one silver crumb tray. I’m happy to pay the $150 for it.
It bears the scars of my very first encounter and education with a laser. Along the lines of the tradition of framing that first dollar earned in business.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear you had to send “Fawkes the First” back. Hope you get the next one on Monday, so you can get back to creating. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes and far less likely to sustain shipping damage.