Greyscale greatness

Just a quick post playing around with the 3d engrave aspect of the GF. 2x2" wooden tiles just to run some tests and have some fun learning the machine and material.

I’ve found that electron microscope images give some cool results. :slight_smile:

77 Likes

Wow - are those single passes or did you go back a few times? You’ve got some amazing depth there!!

2 Likes

They are all just single pass

8 Likes

Wait, tiles?

As in ceramic tiles?

Or is this a wood?

2 Likes

Interesting results. Experimentation/testing is something many of us have not had the discipline to do well. I believe that electron microscope images can be mind blowing - and beautiful.

5 Likes

They are wood sry ill edit the post.

1 Like

I recognize several of them. I am realizing patterns can be exceptional even if not a picture of something, I had not thought of electron microscope stuff. That kind of gray is what the variable power settings is really meant for.

3 Likes

Those are marvelous!

2 Likes

What species of wood? What cleanup process did you do with them, if any?

1 Like

What an exciting display! You are certainly having a lot of fun with your machine. Knew you would.

3 Likes

Species im not very sure, it is an old painters palette i picked up from the thrift store. post process was just a quick rinse under the tap and light brush with a soft bristle tooth brush. Then i put then in my pc radiator to dry hehe

1 Like

Nice :slight_smile: No warping?

2 Likes

Nope they all stayed flat i engraved them on the host material and cut out afterwards.

4 Likes

Probably birch ply. I have had similar luck with plywood as they are pre-stressed so warp has no place to go. Toilet bowl bleach cleaner it a good way to lighten scorched wood though hand sanitizer does a good job dissolving gunk only.

1 Like

I like it! Now I need to experiment!

2 Likes

Oh these are inspiring!

3 Likes

Those are amazing! I have yet to use that function. I may need to start after seeing these!

1 Like

These are great! I’m sure you’ve inspired more than one to try 3D!

1 Like

Hopefully, it was a great time

1 Like

I find the variable power function amazing, the ability of the power supply to ramp according to grayscale. Sculpting with light :star_struck:

7 Likes