Grouped files

I am having this problem that was discussed back in March and supposedly resolved.
I uploaded a file from the Free Laser Designs forum

and when I import it into the GFUI it groups all elements together. I have assigned different colors to objects but the GFUI still treats them as one group.

This happens with designs with more complexity (lots of pieces, etc.) as well as with nested parts. It’s annoying as heck, but is not a “bug.”

Yes, it is annoying for sure. I break up files like this into separate files in Inkscape if I want more control over segments.

@lcronkite the advice from @dklgood is correct because the files have so many parts the Glowforge software will group them together. You can use a design program to separate the parts and then upload them individually will be your best option.

Please let us know how it goes.

Well it’s really frustrating. The same file was uploaded after adding some score marks (for magnet placement) and the individual components could be selected. Must not have been holding my mouth right.

Thank you so much for updating us! I’m sorry to hear about the confusing trouble you ran into, but I’m glad to hear that it now appears to be working. I’ll close this thread for now, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com if you happen to run into any more trouble. We’re here to help.