🎸 Guitar holder : wall mounted with Aloha

1/8 inch ply.

This is a Washburn Acoustic, directly from a photo, my friend had his pick on the guitar, so it made it to the final score. :slight_smile:

guitarholder5.svg.zip (20.1 KB)

This also went through many revisions today. Just like the ukulele holder I made, the inside of the hoop should be painted with plastidip. It is holding up great.

30 Likes

Hey, that’s pretty neat—thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks very much.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

@cynd11 thanks! @pauline.lally mahalo! @dklgood :guitar: :smile:

1 Like

Looks great!

What glue did you use? I admit even with some tab&slots, I’d be nervous with such relatively thin wood–I’d mount it to a backing board, or even use thicker wood for it, but even if not, I’d make the guitar bigger–it’ll be completely hidden by the head & neck when in use, & what a shame to hide the coolest part of it!

Hehe, it seems sturdy enough! I used a combination of crazy glue and wood glue. With the design the U shaped holder locks in place. I was thinking of seeing what it would look like with 1/2 acrylic 1/2 wood. Or 2 different colored acrylics. I will see how it holds up as my 5 year old wants to test it before giving it to the intended recipient. :slight_smile:

Oh, that is a great test plan!!

Sounds like you have some great ideas with different acrylics & woods. Have fun–it’s a great item!

If it will hold a 5 year old, it will hold a guitar…

1 Like

That is a great design!!! I really like that. Now I need to start playing the guitar. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha!

1 Like

If it is out then you will play it…

2 Likes

Well, I’d have to buy one first. LOL

2 Likes

Make one!

2 Likes

Great design! Thanks for the share.

1 Like

Nice! Might have to make one for my husband. Seems like several stands have the covering for the low prongs cracked. I agree, if they are out, they’ll be played.

1 Like

Awesome! Take a photo if you make it :slight_smile:

1 Like