Happy Valentines Day!

Chuck is one of my guilty pleasures…

4 Likes

I have 0 guilt. We were recently talking about rewatching the entire series. We still watch random episodes here and there. And we’ll put one on, just as a filler until we pick something else to watch, and then we’re sucked in and watch the entire ep. And sometimes we can’t stop and have to watch the next ep. The show was nothing short of awesome and it doesn’t hurt that Yvonne Strahovski looks like… well… the way she does.

4 Likes

I watched it in high school for Zachary Levi. Then, in college I got invited by a professor to work on a project that turned out to be for The Nerd Machine and he and David Coleman came into town to see what we had done. He sat next to me, said my name once and was next to me for the pictures we took. If it’s not coming across, I was rather starstruck at the time. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Wow that’s really cool! (Wait… Nerdy… Cool… I’m so confused right now.)
I’m curious what you were doing at the time that made you a prime candidate for that situation?

2 Likes

I wasn’t really a prime candidate, but I was taking one of the professor’s advanced 3D modeling courses at the time. There was a sizable group and the students who did most of the work were grad students with far more skill than I ever built. I did some small models that were part of a full model of their mascot.

1 Like

I also made a thing, for the day:

32 Likes

That’s really great!

1 Like

Very creative!

1 Like

d’aww!
good job.

1 Like

so sweet!

3 Likes

that’s fantastic!!

1 Like

You all know that the :heart: symbol isn’t based on the heart at all, but something else entirely, don’t you?

5 Likes

And that Valentine’s Day is a totally manufactured ‘holiday’ just to sell greetings cards?

4 Likes

As are several others. I call them Hallmark Holidays! :wink:

7 Likes

Good thing I only make my gifts =P (except flowers… my thumb is definitely not green)

3 Likes

Fun fact: they really are nerds. My favorite derivative of Dnd, Hack Master is one of their favorite games and one of the producers? Set designers? Someone would post to the Kenzer Co boards to let us know when to watch out for Hack Master products easter egged in(which episodes, not when or what exactly but it was always fun to be on the look out).

1 Like

and I don’t celebrate any of them. well except national pizza day and National Homebrew day.

2 Likes

Remind me which of the Holidays are naturally occurring?

2 Likes

Solstices.

4 Likes

Got it.
So do we throw the rest out, as being ‘manufactured’?

2 Likes