Happy Valentines Day!

Wonder if Dan likes Cookies? Can we bribe him and have our Glowforge ship faster? Maybe???

8 Likes

Thanks!!! We had this cake on display before the lady picked it up for her sonā€¦ anyways - we had a bunch of customers ask why elmo was blueā€¦ hahahaha LOL

9 Likes

Very cool! Expert work. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure you could. If I sent him baked goods I made, it may get my Glowforge delayed. :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

hahaha you are hilarious! Most baker have the story of them love being in the kitchen when they were youngā€¦ baking with Mon or Grandmaā€¦ etcā€¦ Iā€™m the complete opposite. My baking story started with me buying some bad pastries and cookies and thought ā€œOMG, I can do betterā€ LOL

10 Likes

Beware. That leads to a dark place. Sooner or later you get to the point your stuff is better than anything you can find elsewhere and the magic is lost :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been doing that for years - I find something I like, replicate it so I can have it anytime I want and then itā€™s not special anymore. I think itā€™s easier for me to make something better because Iā€™m doing it in small batches with a lot of singular focus vs. what I came across in the funky bakery or small pizza place. They have to manage scale.

OTOH my kids are fearless, theyā€™ll undertake anything because dad does and theyā€™ve become pretty self-sufficient human beings. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I know they are made to be eaten but Iā€™m afraid Iā€™d have a hard time cutting into that cutie. Well done!

6 Likes

Hahaha! Iā€™m sure there will always be pastry chefs who can create sweets a billion times more amazing than me. I was the crazy bride who made her own wedding cake!

6 Likes

In your case that was the right call (the cake, no idea about the marriage.) Weā€™ve seen examples of your work.

10 Likes

My cat texted me this for Valentines Day.

Hope all have as much fun as he did!

24 Likes

I donā€™t know why the first thing I thought was this

9 Likes

Since it has my name on it, Iā€™m just gonna go ahead and pretend that it is my birthday cakeā€¦
Thanks! I love Cookie Monster!
:yum:

11 Likes

Hahaha! So glad to see that Cole is in such good hands.

5 Likes

When you get your first 3D printer two weeks before Valentineā€™s Day, your wife gets a 3D printed broach for Valentineā€™s Day, right? Hopefully, sheā€™ll get a laser engraved gift for her birthday.

23 Likes

It was totally for you Jesse!!! Happy Cake Day! :cake:

6 Likes

Yep! Thatā€™s pretty awesome! :relaxed:

5 Likes

:+1: Best I can do, out of :heart:

2 Likes

My partner studies Aristotle and translates Ancient Greek for a living.

Aristotle believed that the center of cognition and motion was the heart and not the brain. Hence, a valentine appropriate for my philosopher. (Made with a Glowforge Pre-Release model)

38 Likes

This is one of the most fascinating thought experiments: what did it actually feel like to Aristotle to think? This along with the whole idea of reading aloud for hundreds of years and then reading silently to oneself.

I would imagine this gets posted on the philosopher geek sites. Itā€™s perfect.

12 Likes

I call my better half Captain Awesome. Iā€™m so very lucky to be his wife :heart_eyes_cat: He encouraged me to open the bake shop! Iā€™m still an Accountant at a firm but my 2 business partners are the true full time bakers/chefs. I help decorate the cakes here and there :slight_smile:

11 Likes