1 Like

d’aww!
good job.

1 Like

so sweet!

3 Likes

that’s fantastic!!

1 Like

You all know that the :heart: symbol isn’t based on the heart at all, but something else entirely, don’t you?

5 Likes

And that Valentine’s Day is a totally manufactured ‘holiday’ just to sell greetings cards?

4 Likes

As are several others. I call them Hallmark Holidays! :wink:

7 Likes

Good thing I only make my gifts =P (except flowers… my thumb is definitely not green)

3 Likes

Fun fact: they really are nerds. My favorite derivative of Dnd, Hack Master is one of their favorite games and one of the producers? Set designers? Someone would post to the Kenzer Co boards to let us know when to watch out for Hack Master products easter egged in(which episodes, not when or what exactly but it was always fun to be on the look out).

1 Like

and I don’t celebrate any of them. well except national pizza day and National Homebrew day.

2 Likes

Remind me which of the Holidays are naturally occurring?

2 Likes

Solstices.

4 Likes

Got it.
So do we throw the rest out, as being ‘manufactured’?

2 Likes

If you’d like. I suppose you could start some sort of movement to that end. I suggest you probably won’t get a majority though. Rather those who join your cult should probably just ignore those holidays.

1 Like

Being a strict atheist, you wouldn’t so much join my cult as leave one of the other ones… :wink:

But no, I actually love all of the holidays! Remember people who came before, and who did stuff! Celebrate love! Dye the river green! Paint some eggs! Bring a tree inside your home and bring the lights outside! Rest! Do Nothing! Eat, Drink, and Be Merry! Tie ribbons to pole and dance around it! Send cards! Re-live history! Gather! Pray! Meditate! Fast! Reflect! Throw paint! Dance in the streets! Light Candles! Consider the past! Honor your family! Eat pasta and dress like a pirate! Spin in circles! Read from a Book! Wear a costume! Thank your elders! Make long un-separated lists with too many exclamation points!

Just be nice to each other while you are doing it.

14 Likes

You sound like my spiritual twin.

5 Likes

Well now I’m confused… You love them, yet you suggest throwing them out. Welp! To each his own! Personally, I celebrate any holiday that begins with a traditional Airing of Grievances.

2 Likes

On soapbox: it burns me up that because some Celt happened to light a tree up 2500 years ago it’s basically, “Your arguments are invalid.”

The cult of authenticity that would get destroyed in a serious history article means that all subsequent iterations are copies and therefore lame or unreal.

Belief, large groups of humans seem to need it. Meaning we hold as true some things or relationships that fall through our fingers like sand upon closer inspection. But today with such pluralism and mix of cultures and mobility trust relationships are tested as never before.

Man it sucks to be a real adult and know this.

My thing about Valentine’s Day is that it is mostly about the emotional content of a relationship. Seems to be knock on the head for guys to show some emotional bonding which facilitates trust. I think it’s too bad we need to be reminded.

Ok. Off rant.

13 Likes

Yes, instead of being reminded, show it other days - out of the blue. That’s what lights her up. :blush:

13 Likes