Harry Potter themed Monopoly project

Spent the last two days working on a new project creating a Harry Potter themed Monopoly board. This is my third Monopoly project, and this one will be a gift for a huge Harry Potter fan. Currently only finished the board, and we’ll start working on the rest of the parts and pieces as I find time.I’m pretty happy with the results so far except for the fact that I had some light engraving of the Marauder’s map that didn’t show up in the middle because of the masking oh, but I will run it through again and see if I can fix it.

20190623_214320

20190623_214210

78 Likes

The recipient will be over the moon about this! Just amazing.

5 Likes

Drool worthy…

3 Likes

Wow! Looks amazing! There may be tears of joy over this gift!

4 Likes

Fantastico! I love all the little details you put in - the gold coins will be a great addition!

3 Likes

Holy cow! This is amazing work, well done!

2 Likes

Amazing! Thanks for sharing!!! Love how detailed everything is!

2 Likes

The tears will be mine if I part with this. :sob:

6 Likes

3 Likes

I just stumbled across this again and I have to say that, on the second viewing, it’s even more absolutely stunning.

Did you ever make the cards to go with it? And the HP money? :moneybag: Game pieces… etc.?

1 Like

Not yet. I did buy some gold acrylic, but it’s on my list, or long list of things to do!

1 Like

@pubultrastar i love this!!! you did amazing

1 Like

Would you be willing to sell the file for this? My sister wants me to make one for her daughter who is an EMT so they can play it while they are on shift.

4 Likes

inspires me to design my own custom-themed monopoly game!

1 Like

In a scramble for a last minute christmas present. Would love to buy this file from you!

2 Likes

Sorry, this is not for sale because of the HP imagery used in the project.

1 Like

wooooaaahhhh that is amazing!

1 Like

Hello! I think I saw another one of your posts about an earlier board. It inspired me to put together a Harry Potter themed board, and hopefully some of my solutions will help you put together some “finishing touches” if you’re looking for them.

Dice: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XGBFM2N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Player pieces: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T16YLS3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Houses/Hotels:
I used the Castle/Cottage combo from the Disney Edition of Monopoly. About $15 on eBay, so less expensive and faster than 3d printing a design that would be pretty much the same.
“Magical” disappearing footprints: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XZH47R9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I plan to post my project soon-ish, but I may have to wait until after Christmas because I am feverishly working on a backlog of gift creation and every spare moment is going into making the presents and not making the posts!

Edit: The files are not available, per the discussion below. If you are having trouble finding any of the images / fonts used, then I will happily point you in the right direction.

Not sure this would qualify as your design, as almost everything except the middle image is the same the HP board I came up with. Not sure if I’m supposed to be flattered or disappointed.

1 Like