Hello World!

It is finally here, and it works! I almost pulled the ripcord on this project so many times, but I’m happy I stuck it out.

A huge thanks to Jules for posting and updating the settings for cutting cardboard. These settings work great: https://community.glowforge.com/t/settings-for-cutting-scoring-corrugated-cardboard/9713

Here are the first results:

Yes, it is a first attempt at the world. All the way from solidworks to a solid model in one evening :sunglasses:

Here are some others:

54 Likes

Cute projects! I can tell you are already having a bunch of fun.

2 Likes

Yep! I agree! Awesome! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Looking great, can’t wait til my GF Pro comes…

2 Likes

Totally cool

2 Likes

All praise his noodaly apendage! Someone who observses talk like a pirate day I see.

7 Likes

Cool sphere. Did you make the design yourself or did you get the pattern from somewhere? I’m going to have to play with some structures like that.

2 Likes

Ahhh a fellow pastafarian! This work was truly touched by his noodly appendage.

6 Likes

Hang in there! You’ll love it when arrives. Also, if you get familiar with your preferred editing program before it arrives you will be a lot happier with yourself. I waited and thus had a couple of days going through tutorials before I could really get going on my own designs.

1 Like

Thanks! I modeled it myself in solidworks, then saved each profile out as a dxf and imported it to inkscape. I’m a mechanical engineer so working in the parametric 3D modeling software is so much easier for me than the 2D graphics programs.

1 Like

I see there are some brothers of the sauce here to welcome me. Thanks! Ramen!

6 Likes

Yes, a number of us here wear the colander.

4 Likes