Help Make Medical Equipment with your Glowforge

Here is a group making PPEs by combining the powers of 3d printing and laser cutting. They need laser cutters to help complete these parts! Pitch in if you can!: (using .5mm PETG)

3dforcovid.com - glowforge settings included on the site!

https://join.slack.com/t/prusafaceshields/shared_invite/zt-cz809azp-f41jGEYZivRKWH6IcYEmKw

There are also single process mask designs out there (also using .5mm PETG) that can be made to work without any 3d printing:

A large collective has been assembled of all types of makers making all types of devices at the following link:

www.helpfulengineering.org

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1cM87eJdXhP_8e9gJJZ_SnZXdo_huWsBmMzcqYWbhEOg/mobilebasic?fbclid=IwAR13QqLfxJ7PC9C9zhVqkd5chVCHNJV6UHhVYBYjT-tGBGzNyiZxjJiKquU

If you can help, please sign up!

Also, if you are in the carolinas, we have a small group here dedicated to local needs as well:

7 Likes

Cross linking:

4 Likes

yes, the second link in my post is the “Helpful Engineer” group, and the first is utilizing the Prusa design.

Thank you!

2 Likes

hi trying to sign up to help with the shields posted hackaday but it is asking me for a invite code???

Can you be a little more clear? I’m not exactly where you are experiencing a problem.

As @cynd11 pointed out in the other topic its a dot org.

Thanks for posting this. I finally have some time to get the Prusa parts going to see how it all works.

1 Like

i was able to sign up thank u

1 Like

I tried to locate some 0.20 PETG. 4’ X 8’ sheets online, are as low $25 per sheet plus shipping, I assumed the shipping would make the cost prohibitive for me.

When I checked with local vendors the price was $230 to $350 per sheet. One local vendor, part of a large chain, quoted me a price of $15 per sheet but they were out of stock, because they were making face shields for re-sale.

Does anyone know what the price of PETG was before pandemic? Are these vendors price gouging?

My local supplier has them for about $13 a sheet. (Piedmont plastics) nationwide chain of supply warehouses

Where are you located?

1 Like

Spokane, WA

Hey there @takitus! I added a message on another post but found this one as well. I’m not seeing the Glowforge settings… can you share those? I was able to find .04" PETG today and want to cut a test shield. Thank you in advance!!

Hey. I can’t find the cut settings for 0.02" PETG can someone help me?

500 speed full power is what I’ve been told

I don’t have speeds for .040 as their speed system isn’t linear.

.020” is roughly 500 speed/full power

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.