Help Please! I need suggestions for Glowforge table

Sadly, everything has definitely gone up. I did take a look for it but I never found it. I did end up finding a Husky in stock, Its supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

That is such a smart idea!

This is so beautiful! I did take a look for one but I couldn’t find it. Thank you so much though!!

Thank you so much everyone for all of your help and feedback! You all have so many amazing, and creative options that you shared with me. I appreciate it so very much!! The kindness and support in this community is unparalleled. I spent yesterday and Sunday searching in stores because I realized what it shows in stock online is not always true. I did finally find something to use. I found another 52 inch Husky Tool Cabinet, this one is white and matches some other things in my office, so I bought it today, with the matching adjustable height table. @beerfaced I think I will be making a trip back to HD to get 4 locking swiveling wheels as you did. It will make it so much easier for me to move when needed. Thank you all again so much!!

6 Likes
1 Like

ooh, those look nice in white.

3 Likes

A bit pricey but what I would get I think if I were starting from scratch again. I love those shallow drawers for storing different types of wood and might even replace the bottom drawer on the left with a couple more shelves for acrylic. :grin:

A really excellent solution!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I just went down to a local junk shop and grabbed a $10 wood computer desk. Slapped in leftover plywood for two material shelves between the legs and a single brace across the back for stability. Solid as a rock and functional but it’s in the basement so doesn’t need to look like quality furniture.

Certainly a step up from the cinder block and plywood coffee table in college.

4 Likes

So many times I had cinderblock and plank shelves above a cinderblock and horizontal door work desk it became a college student “style” that many friends had as well.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing that. I bought a blast gate and a ac window adapter from Amazon but I am realizing it is not working well at all lol I went to Home Depot and they helped me get the tape I needed to seal around the window but the ducting keeps popping off of the adapter so I am currently throwing the ducting out of the window when I use it smh I am going to check out what you used to set yours up. It is definitely very impressive.

Yes the white is so pretty. So far it seems to be working really well. I am really happy with all the storage it offers also.

1 Like

Thank you!! It certainly was more than I was really hoping to spend. The shallow drawers have been so nice for all my Glowforge materials. Ohh acrylic is one material I have not played with yet, I guess because I just don’t even know what to make with it. I have been having so much fun playing and trying different things, I just need to practice a little more also trying my own svg files. Those are not coming out so great with the laser lol

1 Like

Hey we do what we need to do as a starving college student :grin: That is a great idea and very functional. I love repurposing!

1 Like

When I made the Glowforge Mounted Blast Gate I cut a few extra of the acrylic circles so I had an extra 1/2" for the hose clamp to clamp onto, but also it’s been pointed out that a small V8 bottle is a ribbed 4" opening and can be used to connect.

1 Like

I use these clamps.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DDY6HG

(and this hose - but it’s currently unavailable)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075JB7VG2

the cabinet I got from Menard’s had full width shallow drawers that get deeper as you get to the bottom. I love it.

1 Like

I have been using the V-8 bottle for years now and it goes on and comes off easily with no clamps and will hang on even when the hose is stretched for maximum to allow use of the pass through.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.