Hi everybody

Hi everyone, hoping you can help me, when I go to use the glowforge and I try to cut I get this message (sorry bitmaps can only be engraved) with whatever material I use it always comes out the same. The option to cut comes out aggravated and does not let me mark it. If someone can help me I will thank you thanks !!

It’s because of your artwork. If you are uploading a bitmap image (made out of dots), you can only engrave it, not cut or score it. You need a vector image (made out of lines) to cut or score.

5 Likes

I’m sorry, I’m not sure what you mean by this? Do you mean you don’t get the option to cut and it’s greyed out? If so, @geek2nurse is right and it’s because you’re image isn’t a vector and it’s a bitmap. This great link will help.

2 Likes

There is an outline potion (when work is highlighted) in the middle of the screen on the right that will draw a line around your image so you can cut it. It might be a premium thing though.

1 Like

I see that the community has provided some good advice on the next best steps. If you can upload the file you are having issues with we would be happy to take a look. I’ll keep this thread open a little longer, and see if any of those steps helped. Let us know how it goes!

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.

1 Like