Honeycomb bed holdown pins

Thank you for this! :grinning:

3 Likes

I absolutelyss did not know that! It wasn’t too long ago that I realized that clicking on someone’s photo brought you to a profile page, and that from that profile you can message them directly. Heck, until GF, I had never joined a forum. Or ran a Mac. There are ALOT of things that I hadn’t had the pleasure of involving myself with. Like glue! Hahaha Besides a glue stick!

But look at my concoction :eyes:
I somehow made magic happen

6 Likes

6 Likes

Oh very nice!

5 Likes

Thank you! You are a life saver!! Needed these so the vegan suede would stop blowing in the wind lol.

11 Likes

I love the peg holder! In fact, I loved it enough to design my own. Since everyone is being so kind to share their peg designs, I decided to share my peg holder and include some peg designs in the file as well. This will fit about 2 dozen of either the one-sided or two-sided pegs. Enjoy!
HT @primal_healer, @nic.fouts, and @johnbrooker
tool. GF pegs. peg holder and pegs. v2

35 Likes

Thanks for the nice, practical share!

5 Likes

Very nice. Thank you for sharing.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing

3 Likes

I made another peg holder out of 1/8" (3mm) acrylic, and I like it even better. These holders have cut down on students just tossing the pegs (probably because they don’t realize what they are for).

16 Likes

Ohh I hadn’t even thought about that possibility - having the pins tossed because someone didn’t know what they were for. Great solution!

6 Likes

Look at you with the fancy holder! It’s FANTASTIC! Do you by chance sell the file? I’m not above begging if necessary……

3 Likes

Edit:
I just realized you weren’t replying to me. Oops.

Orig:
Just saw your reply. Sorry :sweat_smile:
The file is actually just a few posts up at
Honeycomb bed holdown pins - #334 by tzwilliams
Enjoy!

4 Likes

loves these! Thanks so much for making these and giving them out

3 Likes

Here are some with longer arms, useful for reaching over the edge of some odd workpieces.
pins-long

21 Likes

Super, thank you!!

2 Likes

Ooh - and these will help when the right sized hole is not right next to the material too!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing

ok. thats nice. I just use a box. too much effort (for me) to slot them into the stand. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Wicked kewl ideas, thank you

1 Like