Honeycomb bed holdown pins

That plastic cup is HORRID, I KNOW!!! my next tackle: kerf so I can attempt to create one.:sunglasses:

1 Like

AFAIK that file was never offered, and as we donā€™t ask for files on this forum, you have options of any of the ones that were offered, or designing one thatā€™s more of what youā€™re looking for :slight_smile:

For something like a cup, kerf is far less important than on something like an inlay. Glue is lovely stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you have a premium subscription and happen to have lots of extra popsicle sticks laying around like I did, thereā€™s a little barrel that I designed in the catalogā€¦called MetaPop Stick barrel. Easy to cutā€¦no glue required.

3 Likes

Ohā€¦nice!! I love that! I do have some rainbow popsicle sticks. And it will match perfectly with my galaxy tabletop Thank YOU!! I hope all is well!!!

2 Likes

Yes, I have seen many cups. I have started my kerf videos. So I intend to have some soon! Until then, it looks like a barrel it shall be. I was a tidbit confused on the offering. I thought it said somewhere that the file that included the pins and holder were located in a particular spot. I was attempting to find that particular 10-20. As everyone else. Glue and Iā€¦ have a sticky relationship on particularly small thingsšŸ¤Ŗ. (So much that when I use Gorilla glue super glue on smaller projects, ((even though it may not be in my mouth.)) I taste it. I literally taste it in my mouth. And I end up using a sanding block to remove it from my integument. Making ā€œstickyā€ and understatement.

2 Likes

Unless I am confused, I believe I asked the owner of the file if the file was for the pins and pin holder and he said it was available on his website. But he could have meant just the pins. I believe. I donā€™t know. What I do know is that I adore the way that the product manages its pins. And I am on a mission if I am incorrect! :star_struck:

1 Like

Got it - that wasnā€™t in this thread - but the forum is a wide wide place :slight_smile: Did you know that if you click on someoneā€™s profile photo in the thread you have the option of just seeing their posts? It makes searching for something like that much easier!

3 Likes

Thank you for this! :grinning:

3 Likes

I absolutelyss did not know that! It wasnā€™t too long ago that I realized that clicking on someoneā€™s photo brought you to a profile page, and that from that profile you can message them directly. Heck, until GF, I had never joined a forum. Or ran a Mac. There are ALOT of things that I hadnā€™t had the pleasure of involving myself with. Like glue! Hahaha Besides a glue stick!

But look at my concoction :eyes:
I somehow made magic happen

6 Likes

6 Likes

Oh very nice!

5 Likes

Thank you! You are a life saver!! Needed these so the vegan suede would stop blowing in the wind lol.

11 Likes

I love the peg holder! In fact, I loved it enough to design my own. Since everyone is being so kind to share their peg designs, I decided to share my peg holder and include some peg designs in the file as well. This will fit about 2 dozen of either the one-sided or two-sided pegs. Enjoy!
HT @primal_healer, @nic.fouts, and @johnbrooker
tool. GF pegs. peg holder and pegs. v2

35 Likes

Thanks for the nice, practical share!

5 Likes

Very nice. Thank you for sharing.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing

3 Likes

I made another peg holder out of 1/8" (3mm) acrylic, and I like it even better. These holders have cut down on students just tossing the pegs (probably because they donā€™t realize what they are for).

16 Likes

Ohh I hadnā€™t even thought about that possibility - having the pins tossed because someone didnā€™t know what they were for. Great solution!

6 Likes

Look at you with the fancy holder! Itā€™s FANTASTIC! Do you by chance sell the file? Iā€™m not above begging if necessaryā€¦ā€¦

3 Likes

Edit:
I just realized you werenā€™t replying to me. Oops.

Orig:
Just saw your reply. Sorry :sweat_smile:
The file is actually just a few posts up at
Honeycomb bed holdown pins - #334 by tzwilliams
Enjoy!

4 Likes