Hot Foil Stamping

Here’s another thing you can try: toner paint. I mixed some copier toner refill material (a small bottle of the powder is available online for about $7) with Mod Podge and a little water, and you can use the resulting paint with a cosmetic sponge and a stencil to apply designs to paper or cardstock. After it dries it will not smear, but will foil nicely just like the laser printed items.

9 Likes

Thanks…I’ll sure keep it mind. I remember some round of conversation on here about using toner powder…and this idea would be great fun with some freehand work.

I think I like this even more than the full color one!

2 Likes

Thanks…I think I do, too. Definitely lots of experimentation is in order. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m ready to try the adhesive laserable foil. Looks very Christmassy, doesn’t it? Now if I only had a Laser. :santa:

22 Likes

Hey, Erin and all…here’s my latest project. It was SO labor intensive doing all the tracing, and then to top it off, doing four colors was incredibly time consuming. I don’t think I’ll get this involved in the next one. But, I do know this…I’m getting really good at tracing and foiling stuff! As usual, it’s difficult to photograph such a reflective thing.

35 Likes

Simply awesome! :smiley:

1 Like

Wow, this one is stunning! Who knew one could layer colors like that? I’m learning a lot!

1 Like

This is great. I love the 70s vibe.

2 Likes

Can you use the laser for foil on leather?

1 Like

And that’s why we now need an ink head or penholder head for our forges :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fantastic!

1 Like

Just so you don’t think you’re being ignored…I don’t know the answer to your question. Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will be able to tell you that. :relaxed:

You are amazing!!!

Great work! It looks beautiful!:grin:

2 Likes