How many topics have you read?

Yeah the #s are odd. I’m sitting at 90K posts read but 0 Unread. Not sure where your extra 8,000 posts you’ve read that I haven’t have escaped to :slight_smile:

Your 30K posts read in 5 days is one every 15 seconds. Which seems actually doable.

1 Like

Have you ver tried sorting your posts according to different keys like views, likes, date? I did that last year once and spent a day reading a bunch of orphan topics especially related to the initial crowd funding. I’ve done that occasionally found some things that escaped me. “Latest” and “unread” are not univalent words in Discourse.

1 Like

I base it off of @rpegg summary

https://community.glowforge.com/users/rpegg/summary

(Figure people need to know more about him :grin::poop:)

1 Like

yeah. ran out of new topics that way too - they showed up black text vs gray text in their titles. If I thought there were arcane secrets I’d do it again but when I read the really old threads the first time I forget they’re old and will like or bookmark something or reply and that pings the author needlessly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was waiting to pass the 100K mark before posting. But yeah, currently 97.9K read.

3 Likes

not far behind you! 96K read

2 Likes

From December…

To today…

I think I’m doing alright.

3 Likes

Unread and not read seem to mean something different too :slight_smile: Those 17K you’ve read that don’t show up in my Unread/Latest/any category point to that. I know when I go into each category and scroll thru that I see ones I haven’t read (black text titles) but they don’t show up in Unread.

1 Like

It’s strange. It doesn’t seem to add up. But we want it to. :female_detective:

2 Likes

I just checked the different categories and for some reason it looks like all of my missed topics are in Q&A. Wondering if at some point I was somehow following all of the sections except for it, though I don’t remember changing settings that drastically.

1 Like

No wonder I feel like I can just barely keep with all the posts.[quote=“jamesdhatch, post:102, topic:4452”]
Not sure where your extra 8,000 posts you’ve read that I haven’t have escaped to
[/quote]

I keep finding posts that I’ve not read, but my unread count is also zero, there are just some strange this about the way Discourse works, but I can say Discourse is better than other forum tools I use.

2 Likes

I’m up to:

3 Likes

Perhaps it just me but “closing in on 100,000 posts” doesn’t seem so close to me. 2.4k posts is still a lot…

1 Like

Based on your stats, that’s only about 11 days away. Just over the turn of the month (especially if something untoward gets announced that inspires hand wringing and gnashing of teeth).

1 Like

I’m not in favor of[quote=“jamesdhatch, post:115, topic:4452”]
hand wringing and gnashing of teeth
[/quote]

:innocent:

3 Likes

is there anything other than teeth that get gnashed?

2 Likes

I find it ironic that I’m just now discovering a topic about how many topics I’ve read.

7 Likes

There are differently some strange things about the way Discourse works. Today, I found a topic I had not read from August of last year with over 170 posts. It’s fun getting to read old news :wink:

3 Likes

Ah but hand wringing and teeth gnashing raise your read count quickly - they’re high density threads :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m going to need people to stop posting as much. I’m at 1400 unread. I thought I was going to have more time to catch up, being up all hours of the night now. Apparently being sleep deprived doesn’t make one a very good reader.

7 Likes