How to change cut lines to score lines in Inkscape

Someone designed an ornament they want me to make en masse and sent me the file. I broke it all apart and have my layers separated, but want to create score lines where some of the more intricate parts are on one of the layers. How can I change the lines within the building to score while still cutting the top part out above the roof? I’m using Inkscape to try to accomplish this. Thanks!
mainbldg

2 Likes

In inkscape change the lines that should be scored to a different color than the lines that should be cut - when you upload that to the GFUI they’ll be a separate step and you can assign them to score instead of cut.

9 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

While you’re on the topic this is a good time to talk about custom color palettes. It can make it a lot simpler to ensure that your steps are in your desired order (generally engraves then scores then cuts)

6 Likes

get the Inkscape color palette mentioned in this thread. it will make your life much easier!!!

you can change a line color and presto it is a separate step, so then you can cut score engrave to your hearts content!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.