I am stuck on centering, the arm is not moving

I have been cutting all morning. I put in another piece to cut and it won’t move past centering. I restarted everything, I cleaned, I checked connections. What do I try now?

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

I have had this issue just a couple of time and the first thing I do is clean the camera lens and the printer head. that worked once the other time I took a Q-tip with electrical cleaner and cleaned the contacts. Now, I include the contact has part of my regular cleaning program. The problems is when cutting the smoke and debris gets on everything…

Thank you for your reply. I tried that with no luck.

Hello @jillkremer1971 - I’m sorry to hear you’ve run into this trouble, thanks for reaching out.

I’ve extracted the logs from your Glowforge and looked at the trouble you’ve been experiencing. The issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, please take a photo and attach it to your reply. Don’t try to adjust or reseat the cable until reaching back out to us.

Please let me know if you have any questions

All the clips are laying flat. A new cable is already being sent to me. Thank you all for your quick response to my Glowforge issue! I really do love this machine and appreciate the help with it

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue with mine. Please can you help. I have a stack of Christmas orders to do

@jillkremer1971 I’m glad to you hear you have a new cable on the way. Please don’t hesitate to reach out again should you need anything. We’re happy to help!

@viccifoster82 If you have not done so already, you will need to either create your own forum post or email us directly at support@glowforge.com and we will be glad to help you.