I bought this pattern on the GF site, but it does not work right

Continuing the discussion from Little More Design Help:

IMG_3360 tag

New G Aura owner, I got this pattern in the GF shop. It had no instructions. I just keep getting random cutting errors on this pattern like it is not aligning properly, but also does not make the same pattern error each time. What am I doing wrong?

3 Likes

I don’t have an aura, but it seems a lot of people have come on the forum to mention similar issues of alignment. I think the solution was that the Aura rails need to be very clean, so between projects, the rails need to be cleaned of dust and debris or it could cause alignment issues during cutting.

8 Likes

Not just cleaned for dust/debris - wiped down with alcohol pads or alcohol on a cloth. They can get gummy from smoke residue. Clean the rails OFTEN.

8 Likes

Good to know. I don’t know much about the Aura, but the performance-size rails also get gummy, though it hasn’t had much of an impact on performance. I do use alcohol to clean the rails often because of that though, since I’m trying to prevent wheel issues.

6 Likes

The slightest bit of gummy on Aura makes the head drag. I started wiping it down at least once per hour of use.

6 Likes

and I’ve taken to doing it before every job. It doesn’t require a Zeiss wipe, a plain baby wipe or similar does just fine.

3 Likes