I can't believe I did not see this before

Say it ain’t so! :laughing:

7 Likes

I want to believe!!!

2 Likes

I’m sorry if you believe I’m trolling you. I’m merely pointing out the error of your observations as have others here. Unfortunately with the 'net being what it is, others who are not involved in the forums may not see that and walk away with a misunderstanding as to the true nature of the current situation.

No debate needed, just suggesting a review of what we can really know (what is being reported by recipients) vs making conclusions from an uncurated & potentially unreliable spreadsheet.

6 Likes

Then believe it, because the spreadsheet is voluntary, updated by users, have had people’s info added to it by others without their consent, and some users have even re-formatted and changed it despite the request written at the top specifically asking people not to do so. What was started with the best intentions has been misused and screwed up by the people it was intended to provide info to.

3 Likes

I think this is the appropriate current status. they are beginning the ramp up Pros to US customers phase.

those of us without GFs yet are in a better position than we were a month ago as things have finally seemed to start ramping up. i don’t know that i believe GF will hit their targets, but i’m more positive about the progress now than i was a month ago.

7 Likes

It doesn’t make sense for Flex to have their workers do individual production of Basic or Pro units throughout the day. If anything, they’ll do an entire model throughout the day – and perhaps the entire week – then switch back and forth. Doing individual models throughout the day would increase the risk of mistakes in process between assembling the two.

I speculated on this schedule after the recent announcement, and I personally think it still holds reasonably true…

1 Like

That’s if an operation as big as Flex can only produce one type of unit, Basic or Pro, a day, that they cannot have a Production line for each. I don’t know what they capability is, but since you are speculating, can we branch into speculating that they can product both Pro and Basic units, that they might not be on the same production line which they would have to reconfigure when they, as you speculate, change production of unit type.

5 Likes

Flex is a big operation, yes. But they’re not dedicating the entire Flex workforce to production of Glowforges. There’s maybe only about 30 individuals, covering everything from assembly to packaging.

4 Likes

Now that information I had never run across.
I did not know or even think others could access or volunteer the information on my receipt of purchase in my acct to add it to the spreadsheet.

I was just saddened because when I looked at the Pro’s who were still waiting, it goes back to Day 1. I got sad because I want the ones before me to get theirs first, then I know I will get mine, in turn.

It’s like standing in line for a ride and you think you are about to reach the part where you stand in line for a seat, but when you get around the corner, instead of being almost there to be seated, it is another snake of line, and you got a ways to go.
That is the only way I can equate how I felt when I realized there were many other Pro’s not filled in so I let my imagination go with that

Meh, the reality IS, not everyone follows it, nor can we expect everyone to fill it in. I think I will leave it alone and just watch for the progress of others getting the Emails for the Pro’s and hope they start rolling out faster :slight_smile: There are a bunch of people ahead of me so I want to see a bunch of My Pro is commin! posts, that way I know mine is queuing up to arrive!

5 Likes

Are we speculating again? What does the production of a glowforge require? How many people? Where was that photo posted?

4 Likes

sigh… Not sure what bee you have in your bonnet, but whatever.

2 Likes

They may very well have gotten their machines but just haven’t updated the spreadsheet. Yet another reason you can’t put too much weight on what you see there. It should have a big disclaimer at the top that says “FOR AMUSEMENT PURPOSES ONLY!” :wink:

4 Likes

Never! ha ha

No, they can’t access your account. The folks that have done this, have data mined information that has been posted to the forum at some point but buried in traffic, and taken it upon themselves to add it to the spreadsheet so it’s more readily seen. Commonly known as doxing.

It’s only a big deal because people still continue harping on about order dates and delivery order, and they use that spreadsheet as their ammunition/proof. Some folks don’t want to be a part of that noise and that should be OK.

But folks gotta stop giving themselves anxiety over that spreadsheet because there’s 9,000+ people who are NOT represented on it.

9 Likes

And cheapen my false sense of importance as guardian of the spreadsheet? I don’t think so. :laughing:

Seriously though, I’ve recently added a ‘just for fun’ bit in the banner, but hasn’t changed much.

Amen

12 Likes

“Don’t use the spreadsheet because not everyone has used the spreadsheet!”

3 Likes

and remember that more Pro units were sold compared to basics!

2 Likes

I’ve personally waited all I can for my pro. I can say this because it arrived last night. Hold out hope guys and make sure you clear a lot of space. And really really don’t trust the spreadsheet. I say this as someone with a pro propped on the first giant flat surface I could find and get near a window and get the tube out the window. Despite spreadsheet warnings and UPS shipping warnings. It’s never too early to prepare for receiving your unit.

15 Likes

I had never heard of Doxing until Dan mentioned it but I don’t think this classes as Doxing. I believe it means unmasking people’s real identity by researching what they have put on the web under an alias. For example working out that NopHead is Christopher Palmer, which is possible with Google.

Recording that ihermit2 received his Pro isn’t Doxing because he freely gave that information on a public forum.

4 Likes

i agree that it’s definitely stretching the definition of doxing, at best.

i can see why people might be uncomfortable with other people aggregating their data in a public spreadsheet for them, but doxing would be the wrong word to describe it.

3 Likes