I made a Book Press

That is truly a functional work of art! I have bound some books after taking a class or two. It’s almost as much fun as some of my other hobbies - wood working on a small scale and chip carving. I can’t wait to get my GF! Right now I keep getting emails about how much fun it’s having traveling around and getting parts. Hopefully next month or April '21 it will arrive at my door. And now, thanks to you I have another project to start planning.
Thanks for sharing the video as well.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Simply stunning! My question to you is how did you make the inlay? It looks absolutely flawless!

Man, your overall craftsmanship is truly impressive and inspiring. I also watched your video and I must say your production quality there is also world class. Great job on the montage shots and lighting! I know how hard that can be to execute (I have a BFA in Fine Art Photography/Film). I’m especially interested in understanding your process for inlaying that copper. Any tips, hints, direction you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for sharing your work!

2 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about! It truly is awesome isn’t it.

1 Like

Did you mean to send that to me or the person that made book press?

I did mean to send it to the person who made the press. My apologies. I thought I had clicked reply on the original post.

2 Likes

This is fantastic! I love it!

Beautiful and practical and… Well, just wow! This is truly a wonderful piece.

1 Like

I make books, and this is a dream.

1 Like

Holy Bookbinder! The inlay is absolutely stunning. This is true artistry! Great Job. Very inspiring to the rest of us!

1 Like

Those inlays are incredible!! I’ll definitely check out the video to see if I can replicate that myself with some projects I have in mind.

Update for those interested: I’ve now sold TWO of these (and a plough sled to boot!)

Honestly, I wasn’t intending on selling them (I built this one for myself), but when buyers started knocking on my door I decided to go forward with taking commissions to create more.

What this means is I have passed a critical milestone: I have now earned more money with the Forge (pro) than it cost me to buy the machine. I’m pretty stoked about that!

13 Likes

What a great update! Thanks for sharing and congrats!

2 Likes

Congratulations. Your financial success is well deserved. If you design and build it, they will come - to parody a book/film.

2 Likes

Ah mazing! The detail and all the parts! Thank you for sharing the process as well!

1 Like