I made a thing on the Glowforge (pre-release)

68 Likes

Very nice – I especially liked expanding the back layer by 200%, it really made it pop. :+1:

7 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

Really liked that!

4 Likes

Great video! :relaxed:

(And I was nearly ticked off because I thought Glowforge was holding out on some red acrylic…whew!)

5 Likes

Nice pep talk! Gosh. I have got to get a decent table saw. Your sled is great and the whole process of design well done. Thanks!

2 Likes

Took some mental notes about the whole artistic creativity thing. I feel creative, just not artistically. Guess I just need to get over myself before my kid permanently inherits it!

2 Likes

Oh yay! I have been waiting for this since the video on the frame! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice!

Would be cool if the background was transparent red acrylic then you could edge light or backlight for some real wild shadow effects!

5 Likes

Holy mackerel. That’s awesome!

2 Likes

Awesome picture frame and great art.

1 Like

When I saw your frame video I knew you built the art on the Glowforge!
Super cool project!

1 Like

That’s really cool, and simple. Really creative use of negative space and like @Jules at first I thought "red, how did he get red proof grade?" but that’s even cooler to know you can do that with just spray paint!

BTW: the frame is really elegant.

2 Likes

Great project and spiel on creativity. Thanks for sharing it here.

2 Likes

I had conversations like this with an art teacher/artist on Saturday and my 17 year old very artistic niece on Sunday. I consider myself a designer and not a artist. I come up with creative designs but I need tools like CorelDRAW, a vinyl printer/cutter, a CNC router, and soon a laser engraver to bring those ideas into the real world. I watched in awe as my niece used color pencils to freehand draw an almost photo-quality sketch of a statue using her own creative choices of colors. It’s all just different ways to express one’s creativity.

7 Likes

My thought too!
Thinking of a clear in the back with color changing LED edge lit… or even switching between layers.

Very cool @makesomething! That palm wood looks amazing, and the light inlay really dresses it up! :+1:
Thank you for the inspiration! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I must say… in every possible way… you nailed it! 100%! Simple and elegant!

2 Likes

Beautiful work. I really like the Coconut Palm as a frame.

4 Likes

You have a laser now…
And seem to be inspired…

Just saying :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is a catalyst for my creativity :+1::sunglasses:

2 Likes