I’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time:

congratulations on your patience! Cant wait to see what you do with it!

1 Like

OMG. The larger bed area that was pushed today is amazing. It’s making me rethink so many things. Last night I had to do a multiple bed print to make a bigger object to assemble. I could have used those extra inches. You are so going to love your Glowforge!

And what is cool? I didn’t have to download anything on any device! It just appeared.

18 Likes

I’m just getting on the forum now, excited to see what the new size is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

What larger bed area? Did I miss an announcement…?

5 Likes

Wonderful :tada:
I swear, I haven’t had this much fun since I was a kid! Your patience is about to pay off in spades. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

You almost had a visitor this week. I was in Littleton for two days but my schedule was so packed I didn’t have time to try set something up. I actually saw “the email” while I was in the hotel late on the last night.

Next trip up I’ll make more time if you’re interested.

I am giddy with anticipation for the GF but don’t have any projects ready for her

5 Likes

Serendipity :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I would very much like that! Please do :sunglasses:!
If I had known you were so close I would have come and bought you a beer just for the privilege of meeting you and the handshake. I could talk space program for hours!
No need for a hotel my friend, the walkout level of my home has a guest room, bath, home theater and of course the shop where the glowforge lives, at your disposal. Standing invitation.

@jbv was in Denver a few months ago and reached out, but the timing was difficult. I regret not being able to meet him too. Same deal dude, standing invitation.

4 Likes

Thank you. I was feeling bad for not contacting you during the 2 days I was up there but the whole time was jammed up at work, or with the after work meetings. I know I was only 10 minutes from you, so definitely next time.

3 Likes

Thanks @hansepe. I forgot about the reduction from the original 20x12. I hope they at least get back to a fully functional 20 wide. Depth is less of an issue with the pro units because there’s passthrough.

Seeing pasthrough working - with the ‘auto align’ feature as promised - would be a milestone to me.

4 Likes

12 being downgraded to 11.5 is a bummer though because 12" or 300mm is a standard sheet size. Annoying not to be able to cut as wide as the sheet.

4 Likes

I agree, but for the stuff that I rip down myself that will give me about 1/8 - 3/16 inch waste on either edge of the material (once you take out the 1/8 inch kerf for the saw blade). I can kind of convince myself that is OK since I don’t see using factory edges for most things.

Time will tell with usage.

6 Likes

Agree. I try not to use the edge. 20x11.5 is good. Don’t really need the 20.4 with. Looks like the waste is on the right side though. @marmak3261’s picture looks like they’ve got the effective area all the way to the left. I like that better than having to deal with a quarter inch on both sides. Saw cut side to the right :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

For “place-in-line” status, when did you order yours? (mine’s oct 9th '2015, and no email yet)

There’s a google spreadsheet the community has been using to track: Crowdsource GF Shipping board - Google Sheets

I decided not to tell anybody what my order date is. As near as I can tell there may be a highly complex algorithm in play that includes as variables how much cold brew is consumed in the GF offices on any given morning, and possibly the outcome of a pin the tail on the donkey game. In short, trying to guess the date of your email based on mine or anybody else’s email could result to being driven to drink.

I really hope you and everybody else get your emails soon. I had all the same thoughts and hopes less than a week ago and I’m surprised that I’ll get my unit before so many others. Happy mind you, but still surprised.

Hang tight, the mail should be coming soon!

9 Likes

“Why do you drink?”
“I drink to forget.”
“To forget what?”
“I forgot.”

8 Likes

I must agree with my esteemed colleagues. If you take the not even on the same planet as statistically significant data on that sheet you come to the conclusion that flex is readying for shipment 1 glowforge per day. And I really don’t want to wait 10,000 days till I get my glowforge. So while like the more interesting map thread and google map
Glowforge Map
it is voluntary and crowd sourced I just wouldn’t read anything into it. because it makes it so easy to lie with math and charts. For example 1/4 of all basics have been shipped. so that means we should be done with basics at the end of next month. Which really contradicts my first conclusion.

5 Likes