I’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time:

Thank you. I was reading several posts yesterday and noticing the new golden ticket posts too, but I hadn’t read my email at that time since I was on the road.

I waited until I was home today to post anything.

6 Likes

Congratulations! Hope UPS is learning to be gentler with their precious cargo :smile:

1 Like

Woohoo! Congrats

1 Like

Yay!!! :squee:

1 Like

Wonderfully fantastic and amazing news! Let the fun begin!

1 Like

congratulations on your patience! Cant wait to see what you do with it!

1 Like

OMG. The larger bed area that was pushed today is amazing. It’s making me rethink so many things. Last night I had to do a multiple bed print to make a bigger object to assemble. I could have used those extra inches. You are so going to love your Glowforge!

And what is cool? I didn’t have to download anything on any device! It just appeared.

18 Likes

I’m just getting on the forum now, excited to see what the new size is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

What larger bed area? Did I miss an announcement…?

5 Likes

Wonderful :tada:
I swear, I haven’t had this much fun since I was a kid! Your patience is about to pay off in spades. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

You almost had a visitor this week. I was in Littleton for two days but my schedule was so packed I didn’t have time to try set something up. I actually saw “the email” while I was in the hotel late on the last night.

Next trip up I’ll make more time if you’re interested.

I am giddy with anticipation for the GF but don’t have any projects ready for her

5 Likes

Serendipity :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I would very much like that! Please do :sunglasses:!
If I had known you were so close I would have come and bought you a beer just for the privilege of meeting you and the handshake. I could talk space program for hours!
No need for a hotel my friend, the walkout level of my home has a guest room, bath, home theater and of course the shop where the glowforge lives, at your disposal. Standing invitation.

@jbv was in Denver a few months ago and reached out, but the timing was difficult. I regret not being able to meet him too. Same deal dude, standing invitation.

4 Likes

Thank you. I was feeling bad for not contacting you during the 2 days I was up there but the whole time was jammed up at work, or with the after work meetings. I know I was only 10 minutes from you, so definitely next time.

3 Likes

Thanks @hansepe. I forgot about the reduction from the original 20x12. I hope they at least get back to a fully functional 20 wide. Depth is less of an issue with the pro units because there’s passthrough.

Seeing pasthrough working - with the ‘auto align’ feature as promised - would be a milestone to me.

4 Likes

12 being downgraded to 11.5 is a bummer though because 12" or 300mm is a standard sheet size. Annoying not to be able to cut as wide as the sheet.

4 Likes

I agree, but for the stuff that I rip down myself that will give me about 1/8 - 3/16 inch waste on either edge of the material (once you take out the 1/8 inch kerf for the saw blade). I can kind of convince myself that is OK since I don’t see using factory edges for most things.

Time will tell with usage.

6 Likes

Agree. I try not to use the edge. 20x11.5 is good. Don’t really need the 20.4 with. Looks like the waste is on the right side though. @marmak3261’s picture looks like they’ve got the effective area all the way to the left. I like that better than having to deal with a quarter inch on both sides. Saw cut side to the right :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes