I’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time:

For “place-in-line” status, when did you order yours? (mine’s oct 9th '2015, and no email yet)

There’s a google spreadsheet the community has been using to track: Crowdsource GF Shipping board - Google Sheets

I decided not to tell anybody what my order date is. As near as I can tell there may be a highly complex algorithm in play that includes as variables how much cold brew is consumed in the GF offices on any given morning, and possibly the outcome of a pin the tail on the donkey game. In short, trying to guess the date of your email based on mine or anybody else’s email could result to being driven to drink.

I really hope you and everybody else get your emails soon. I had all the same thoughts and hopes less than a week ago and I’m surprised that I’ll get my unit before so many others. Happy mind you, but still surprised.

Hang tight, the mail should be coming soon!

9 Likes

“Why do you drink?”
“I drink to forget.”
“To forget what?”
“I forgot.”

8 Likes

I must agree with my esteemed colleagues. If you take the not even on the same planet as statistically significant data on that sheet you come to the conclusion that flex is readying for shipment 1 glowforge per day. And I really don’t want to wait 10,000 days till I get my glowforge. So while like the more interesting map thread and google map
Glowforge Map
it is voluntary and crowd sourced I just wouldn’t read anything into it. because it makes it so easy to lie with math and charts. For example 1/4 of all basics have been shipped. so that means we should be done with basics at the end of next month. Which really contradicts my first conclusion.

5 Likes

The old WC Fields line comes to mind: A GF drive me to drink and I never had the decency to thank her :grinning:

4 Likes

Sweet! I didn’t know about that. I’m on it now! No more bugging you guys

1 Like

Mine is going to be the lonely one on the space coast.

Still waiting for shipping email.

4 Likes

Jus think of it this way. no one will show up at midnight asking to borrow a cup of proof grade.

8 Likes

WHooooohooooo!!!

2 Likes

Me too Rodrigo!

1 Like

Congrats! still waiting to receive that email :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m hoping you get it soon. Different kind of wait after knowing you’re closer in line :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks @hansepe - you mind telling me when did you place your order so I have an idea of when to expect such email? I ordered Oct 22nd.

I decided not to disclose my shipping date. I was in the early order group if that helps, but trying to guess the date of your email based on mine or anybody else’s isn’t something that is doable at this point.

Check out this comment from @dan from earlier today on a different thread

2 Likes

thanks for the info.

1 Like

No shipping emails yet but first box is on the way from Tennessee and scheduled to arrive on Monday by the “End of Day” according to UPS.

The box shipped yesterday (1 week after the email that started this thread) and is currently bouncing between facilities in TN.

5 Likes

For anybody wondering or thinking it’s about a week between THE email and shipping a GF it’s 11 days (7 business days) and no word so far for me.

The PG box arrived today though.

Anxiously waiting still :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yikes, that would make me crazy. Hopefully, they were just buying time so that they could send you one of the new souped up models that goes to 11!

Hopefully.

3 Likes

They all do! All production units, anyway. We turned it on in software. We’ve been shipping the hardware to enable it for a while. :slight_smile:

9 Likes