If I gave you a week you couldn’t guess what this is

:slight_smile: His providing the answer didn’t stop any of us from continuing to guess!

1 Like

Proving that that “you always find it in the last place you look.” may not be wholly true in its abstraction.

3 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Hey @evansd2 how big is your sanding table? And, about the slider for the air holes on the side, is there any reason they couldn’t just be open all the time, even if you aren’t covering too many of the holes on top?

I forget how large but it’s fairly close to full bed size. I tried to maximize it.

As for leaving the vents open all the time sure you could but the vacuum is only sucking so much air. If I leave that gate open then there’s less suction on the surface reducing its effectiveness at capturing the sawdust.

I tuned the whole thing to my vacuum, I wanted the suction to be pretty good on the surface but not to strain the vacuum cleaner. It’s not the most efficient system but it works really well and the vacuum cleaner does a great job at capturing the dust.

3 Likes

Makes sense, thanks!

Vacuum table?

I know this is way late to the party but one of those cyclone style dust collectors would be a good “prefilter” perhaps if anybody is going to be making lots of sawdust.

Unfortunately what goes out is usually very tiny compared to the average sawdust, and more than a little gooey so sticking to anything. So it would build up very nicely if it hit anything.