IKEA Hack: BISSA Shoe Cabinet

My wife decided that our shoe cabinet was a bit too dreary (and had a ding in the top) and asked if we could dress it up a bit with the :glowforge:. After looking at hundreds of Art Deco motifs, she found one she liked, so here’s our…

Ridiculously Fancy™ BISSA Shoe Cabinet :grinning:

In the first of two Douglas Adams sort of coincidences, the top of the BISSA happens to be within a very, very small fraction of the current cutting boundaries on my PRU. If it had been any larger in either dimension, I wouldn’t have been able to execute this project.

The second coincidence is that the thickness of the :proofgrade: Cherry plywood made the door trims exactly flush with the sides of the cabinet. This could not have come out better if it was built to spec from scratch.

Haven’t mentioned this in a few weeks, but…

I :heart: MY :glowforge::exclamation:

104 Likes

Wow, that’s beautiful!

5 Likes

That is really stunning. The contrasting woods look great together. :grin:

4 Likes

Fantastic idea, great Ikea hack too

3 Likes

And it really makes me want to redo my furniture. Big time! Chuckle!
(Looks so much better dressing up a cabinet.) :smile:

2 Likes

Really NICE! Great choice of design and the contrast is awesome!

3 Likes

That is fantastic. I also have some plain IKEA style items around that could use some added warmth and charm. Very creative!

3 Likes

Wow! Looks fantastic!

2 Likes

Love it!! I’m a big Frank Lloyd Wright fan, that’s the Ennis-Brown House tile design of his “textile block” style houses.
They’ve used this house for a ton of movies including Blade Runner and The Rocketeer.

8 Likes

I definitely thought “Blade Runner” upon first glance.

5 Likes

That looks awesome!

2 Likes

Looks great. Nice upgrade.

2 Likes

Good job!

2 Likes

That’s gorgeous! (Although I have to admit to thinking, “Horizontal surface with nothing on it? What’s up with that?”)

4 Likes

Photo was taken about 5 minutes after I took the clamps off. Entropy will no doubt assert itself at some point, but perhaps the top plate counts as ‘something.’ :wink:

4 Likes

7 Likes

Mmm… Smooth…

ROTFL :rofl:

3 Likes

Shabang that’s beautiful!

1 Like

Also karate kid 3 if I remember correctly

2 Likes
1 Like