Inkscape document size?

Downloaded Inkscape. Trying to figure it out.

What document size does everyone use for Inkscape? I can’t seem to find one that matches the material size.

I set up the workspace as 12X20" in the “Preferences” page in Inkscape. It will be helpful to do This so the program opens that way for you.

Keep after it, the fundamentals come pretty quick. For specific operations I just go to youTube and search “How to … in Inkscape”. You’ll be working along before you know it.

2 Likes

Use a 12x20" workspace, and save at 96dpi.

I don’t use Inkscape, so someone else may have more detailed information to give you.

1 Like

This is an old post, but it might help you. Glowforge Template for Inkscape video steps

2 Likes

What they said, you want to choose 12x20 - but keep in mind the actual cutting area on your :glowforge: is slightly smaller than that (about 11x19). If you need to know your absolute limits (which change depending on the speed of your cut/engrave) you can mark those down, I find it easier to give myself a generous 1/2" margin around all four sides of anything I design. You can always move stuff around once you’re in the GFUI to see if there’s a way to make it work better!

3 Likes

Thanks for the answers everyone, and especially for the video tutorial, @dklgood. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic.