Inside glass tube has broken (DEVASTATED)

Hello,
Can anyone tell me if there is a replacement for the glass tool inside my shattered.

1 Like

Glowforge support does not monitor this forum, so you will need to contact them via the Support link. I am sorry about your tube. It is my understanding that the laser tube is not something users can replace on their own.

7 Likes

The tube is not serviceable by the user, the machine will have to be shipped back for repair or replacement.

Open a support ticket, as suggested above.

6 Likes

As others noted, nope. And to prepare yourself, it’s a $1650 cost based on the last post I saw from someone having it done.

4 Likes

Glowforge uses a custom tube, not an off-the-shelf part. They originally planned to make it user-replaceable but they weren’t able to come up with a way to make it easy to do, so they decided not to sell the tube on its own and instead you have to send your machine in for servicing.

This is high on my list of things I’d like to see improved on future Glowforge models.

5 Likes

Thank you for your input!

Thank you. I placed a service ticket. I haven’t received an answer.

Did you get the automated “thanks for contacting us, we’ll get back to you soon” response email? That one tells you that they’ve at least gotten your message. If you didn’t get that one, then check your spam folder in case their emails are getting filtered out so you’ll be sure to get their response when they get back to you.

3 Likes

The system for responding to support ticket requests is automated, you should have received confirmation in seconds, if not minutes.

If you sent an email instead, however, it can take time for someone to find it and create a ticket. That is why using the support request form should be used vs. just sending an email. They also don’t advertise their email address for that very reason.

Personally, I’ve never had a problem using direct email. And, right here…Dan is responding with;

3 Likes

I am well aware of that. It does not work as effectively as the official support ticket request form, as I described.

Hi guys,
I placed a ticket. Thanks for everything! WISH ME LUCK!!!

1 Like

I know you know…I’ve just had a different experience.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.