Intake fan is really loud for some reason!

I just turned my machine on today and the intake fan is REALLY loud! I honestly never knew the fan could get this fast. I have never heard this fan before at all.

The machine is currently Idle yet this fan is running loud

If this is the intake fan - front right corner of the Glowforge - it is possible something got sucked up into the fan from your desk. Turn the machine off. Slide the machine so that the fan hangs over the table and try to vacuum the area.

1 Like

I will try to vacuum, but I always have the right corner hanging off the edge (no the machine isn’t wobbly or anything) so that plenty of air can get in. I will try vacuum anyway though

No luck on the vacuum. very strange. Calm down fan! lol

1 Like

If you can record a video with sound and upload it to YouTube/Vimeo/etc. and then link here it might help a staff member when they get here.

Once this loads. Ignore the mess lol

I’m wondering if those powerful magnets might be affecting the fan…

1 Like

I knew someone would suggest this… ive always had them there and they dont affect anything, its not even close to the fan. Had them there since day 1

1 Like

Today has been a Strange Day for the GLOW FORGE im thinking something is off with them.

My 2 machines went off line several times and now it acting really strange , it also has reentered many times on its own,

I am thinking something got reset on the Glow Forge Server .

I was just unaware this fan could even spin this fast or get this loud. Not sure if it is a good thing or bad thing lol. Would make sense if it happened while a job was being performed. But it is nonstop

Hey @rita - it’s been a day and no staff response. I think this one might have fallen through the cracks?

1 Like

Hi @whickmant!

I’m so sorry for the delay in response. I appreciate you working through some of the steps the community has provided, and for posting the results. I’ve extracted the log files from your unit, and compared it with all of the information in your thread.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news. I’ll now close this thread.

1 Like