Interested in Hawaiian Koa wood?

Beautiful wood! I’d absolutely be interested!

1 Like

Wow! That’s beautiful! How much would that be?

1 Like

I think that if you showed that you have a volume market the wood mill ought to be very interested. If you show a reliable market they ought to want to produce it that way for you.

1 Like

I’m looking for a source of Koa for pen turnings. Looking for wood approx 3/4" to 1" thick around 5-6" long. Do you have any like this?

1 Like

Yes, please! I would also be interested in turning stock, anything up to 12 inches long and 4 inches square.

I’m interested

Interested!

also interested

Mahalo! I grew up in Oklahoma, but lived in Ewa Beach for a while. I wish I had my GF back then! What are the trees there that every one wanted for grilling? It’s called mesquite here (with long sharp thorns), but in Hawaii they had another name for it, and everyone wanted some from the land we cleared for a corn farm.

3 Likes

I’d be really interested! Is there an email list or something where we can get notifications for when they go up from sale?

1 Like

Kiawe. Great smoking wood.

3 Likes

Most interested. Smaller pieces no issue if can fit in Priority Mail.

1 Like

AWESOME so excited

Definitely interested, do you know if/when you may start offering some? I’m sure the demand will be much higher than the supply . Thanks again

2 Likes

That is beautiful wood! I am also interested!

Yes I’m very interested. I love Koa!

So interesting how many people are making their first posts on this thread. Welcome to all the new people :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes. Yes Yes,

We lived in Kona for 5 years. We would love some Koa wood!! Danielleannalee@ It’s google email

Wow! Love that wood! I just bought a glowforge on credit and I’m waiting for it to get shipped. This has been one of my dreams in the journey of my CNC degree ever since I saw the Glowforge and finally I have my own place, my own brand new car and I can do this.
How do you do the Abalone inlays though? Grind it down on a grinding wheel and then on the buffing wheel and laser it out? Or is this a discussion for a different forum? Like maybe in the CNC forums.
I just recently went gem hunting and I have a lot of black tourmaline, a green tourmaline, a red tourmaline, triphane, spodumene, quartz, smokey quartz, aquamarine, a purple rock that starts with an L, I forget what else and I am going back there in a few weeks. Most of them are not worthy of cutting (maybe all of them) so I can just throw them in a rock tumbler and then I can inlay them into my own designs of earings similar to yours or into other things I make.
Oh man, I’m getting excited for all the things I can do.

2 Likes