Interface hangs, Glowforge will not cut

Several successful cuts last week. I can’t get past the hang, even after reset of everything. Help. Please.

Welcome to the forum.
What, specifically, do you mean by “hang”. Is the interface stuck at uploading? or preparing your print? or centering? or focusing?

Can you try cutting the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade draftboard with proofgrade settings selected. What happens when you try printing? What, if any, message are you getting?

Thanks for your prompt response. The GUI kept hanging, vacillating between centering, then focusing, centering again, etc. After a little cleaning (along with correcting my settings), it did work.

Here’s a good thread with things to look into. Post your results so support knows what you’ve looked at.

I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate the problem, and it seems like your unit is running into trouble during the calibration step. During calibration, the lid camera finds the Printer Head by taking a series of images. There are a few different reasons this error may be occurring. Please walk through the steps below to get back on track.

Once you’ve had a chance to perform these troubleshooting steps, turn on your Glowforge and let it try the calibration again. If you are still having trouble, let us know.

Gary, thank you so much.

Thank you as well, eflyguy.

1 Like

I’m so glad to hear you were able to get back to printing! I am going to close this thread now. If you have any other issues in the future please feel free to start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com.

Happy Printing!

1 Like