International Shipping Latest

HI Mark
Bought mine in 2015-09-29 still waiting… no advise
Brisbane

Hi Oliver,
I cant even remember how much vouchers we had for founders discount, was it around $300.

Also how much is shipping to the UK or did you not get that far?

As far as I’m aware we did get vouchers but the founders discount is different- it’s like a percentage off?

Shipping is pretty expensive as far as I can tell, and increases by weight.

Thanks. I cant remember it was soooo long ago, will dig through emails just in case I kept it. Cheers!

Yes you are spot on its a 10% discount on all catalogue and materials purchases.
Also a $50 gift certificate for the design catalogue, I suppose its all been bundled together?

A quick heads up for Australian Glowforge community members keenly awaiting imminent deliveries… So that you can get to work right away, it will help if you already have on hand a local AU 3-prong power cord with “kettle” plug end, as commonly used in computer monitors, TV’s etc. (AU 3-prong into the wall socket & kettle plug end into the back of your Glowforge).

This pic shows the US cable it ships with.

The voltage support thread clarifies that the unit is auto-switching dual voltage.

4 Likes

@ iskasdesignatelier Update 9/3/2019: Shipment notifications have gone out for Israel, Hong Kong, and New Zealand orders. If you’re in one of those locations and didn’t receive the email asking for your address to accept shipment, please go to https://glowforge.com/shipping . Australia shipments have started, but not completed on time. Please check glowforge.com/account for the current delivery forecast, and we’ll email you as soon as your unit is ready. All other countries’ schedules are unchanged.

:wink:
Its a good idea to check the international shipping updates at the top of the thread first, where Dan updates his posts with news on progress.

Congrats on ordering yours! Its an amazing bit of kit and exhilarating to work with. Hope it arrives soon for you. It is worth the wait.

1 Like

Hi @artmaker_au,

Thank you for responding to my thread - I have clicked through both links and on the Glowforge - the 3D laser printer link I see this…

Does everyone have this when they place their orders or has mine updated and my shipment really is on it’s way :grin::laughing::smile:

Congratulations! Some folks have waited 4 years to receive that notification, after jumping in as founder “investors” in the Glowforge vision.
Great to see new orders are also shipping, now that the oz customs wall has been breached.

Stay patient, from observing others progress, it can take a couple of weeks or even a month before you’ll get a shipping tracking notification. you may even hear from Fedex with tracking info or customs duty info like I did, before you hear again from Glowforge. Jules recently posted a good explanation from her perspective, of how and why this might happen, in another thread. Sorry I can’t find that link right now!

3 Likes

my shipping date was due on 31 oct 2019, until now no email on the item being shipped out or new delivery date… Back since oct 2015… Anyone got the same issue?

Same here. I’ve had the ‘Your Glowforge is on its way’ message for a month and was due 31 October.
Still waiting for …anything :confused: FYI Waiting for a Plus and ordered in March 2019

1 Like

I don’t even got “Your Glowforge is on its way” message… sent email to support but until now don’t even got a date for delivery…

1 Like

Just received my email for unit to be shipped!

4 Likes

So…Canadian here. I was very excited to see that I can now spend my credits on PG materials…except that as I was fooling around trying to figure out how to access my credits, I went through checkout to shipping. I was going to be charged $80.37 to ship one piece of PG Maple ply. I really, really hope that something is broken in the shipping calculations because I know for a fact that it does not cost $80 to send a single 12x20 sheet to Canada. I had a whole box of baltic birch ply shipped to me for much less than that.

4 Likes

I am super upset with the shipping charges and am completely baffled by them.

Its actually literally half as expensive to have it shipped to a friend of mine in the US and then have them ship it over to me via fedex ground (the same service I believe).

I really hope they investigate a better method for this. I’ve had a 400 dollar order from Johnsons Plastics (another US company) shipped to me for 50, so obviously there are other options to get us cheaper shipping. I don’t think @dan has really commented on the charges at all but there is something very wrong there

1 Like

I just received an email back from support stating that these are the actual charges and that is how much it costs to send ONE item to Canada. @dan you need to have someone look into this farther. There is NO way it costs $80+ to send one piece of plywood to Canada. I have had an entire box (20 pieces) of GF sized ply sent to me from the US for less than $50.

There is absolutely no point to having the store open to Canadians if this is how much you are going to charge for shipping. I’m so disappointed. That credit that I have for having to wait SO long for my machine (I was a part of the original crowdfunding) is now worth so, so much less if you are going to charge ridiculous amounts to ship to Canadians.

2 Likes

The sad thing is that as I had mentioned we CAN get a lower price even with the same shipping method. A friend of mine was able to reship the materials and hit that ~50 dollar shipping charge

2 Likes

Might want to check into DYK Post. They have service centers in Calgary. They’re basically a forwarding service. You get an address in Montana to ship to, they consolidate and ship up to Canada. Then charge you whatever customs and whatnot. I’m not sure how competitive it is but it’ll probably still be cheaper I imagine.

2 Likes

I have people in the US that I could ship to and have them ship it but we should not have to find a “work around”. An $80 shipping charge for a single piece of plywood is clearly out to lunch.

2 Likes

I fully agree there. I’m not sure how much effort was put into looking at better rates but the ones they ended up with are a little obscene imo.

1 Like