International Shipping Latest

I don’t think you’re likely to get a response here in this thread. Create a new topic in the #problems-and-support section.

1 Like

Hey guys!

I’ve been looking everywhere for information on whats needed for Customs here in Aus but it all seems super patchy. I got a notification that my glowforge has been shipped (never thought I’d see the day) but now it is stuck with FedEx with a clearance delay “Shipment requires importer’s registration/identification number for clearance. (Examples include EIN, SSN, VAT, GST, RFC, etc.)
Recommended action: Importer must provide the required registration/ identification number.” Am I missing something here or is this an issue between Glowforge and FedEx? I’ve been checking me emails for anything from either FedEx or Glowforge but nothing.

1 Like

I think you should either post this in Problems and Support or email Glowforge support. They probably won’t see you post here.

Are you on the Australia gf users group. Maybe ask on there as well.

That just a facebook group? I applied forbone last night hoping to get some answers juat waiting on a admin to approve me.

Hi There,

Im from Australia, based in Perth, WA!

I literally just placed my Glowforge Pro order about 10 minutes ago and now reading the update from September, I’m so worried I will be waiting a fair amount of time before my machine gets to me (I’m sorry if this is insensitive to those who waited years, I don’t mean to offend).

I read a thread on our ‘Glowforge Australia Facebook Group’ and a lovely lady purchased at the start of September and has already received hers, however I would imagine this wouldn’t be the case for everyone, so for those who have recently ordered (in the last few days perhaps), have you received shipping updates as yet?

Thanking you!

2 Likes

Glad to see that the shop is open for Canadian customers now @dan

I added 10 sheets of plywood to a cart and got to the shipping page and was kinda shocked by the price. $113.57 USD in shipping is a tad crazy. That brings my total to $273.57 USD or 357.77 CAD.
I was able to get 10 sheets shipped through fedex from a friend in the US at a cost of 65 USD. My charges from another supplier in the US are usually within the 50 to 70 USD range as well, often for 10-12 sheets of 12x24 material.

Is there a reason for the large cost jump in shipping? Is that something you will be looking at in the future? This amount of charge means the store is pretty cost prohibitive for a small business like mine and I know I’m not alone in this.

Will international customers have their founder discount added at any point?

3 Likes

I’m really pleased we can finally order proof grade in the UK- one thing though, I’ve read that the founders discount would still apply to international orders due to the delays, but the automatic code that’s been added to my basket is non functional?

3 Likes

Gah! That’s so exciting - I really hope Australia is next on the list! :crossed_fingers:

Hi There,

Iska again from Perth, Western Australia!

How is everyone receiving shipping updates?

I can’t seem to find the screen where It shows my estimated delivery time - can anyone offer any guidance?!

Thanking you!

HI Mark
Bought mine in 2015-09-29 still waiting… no advise
Brisbane

Hi Oliver,
I cant even remember how much vouchers we had for founders discount, was it around $300.

Also how much is shipping to the UK or did you not get that far?

As far as I’m aware we did get vouchers but the founders discount is different- it’s like a percentage off?

Shipping is pretty expensive as far as I can tell, and increases by weight.

Thanks. I cant remember it was soooo long ago, will dig through emails just in case I kept it. Cheers!

Yes you are spot on its a 10% discount on all catalogue and materials purchases.
Also a $50 gift certificate for the design catalogue, I suppose its all been bundled together?

A quick heads up for Australian Glowforge community members keenly awaiting imminent deliveries… So that you can get to work right away, it will help if you already have on hand a local AU 3-prong power cord with “kettle” plug end, as commonly used in computer monitors, TV’s etc. (AU 3-prong into the wall socket & kettle plug end into the back of your Glowforge).

This pic shows the US cable it ships with.

The voltage support thread clarifies that the unit is auto-switching dual voltage.

4 Likes

@ iskasdesignatelier Update 9/3/2019: Shipment notifications have gone out for Israel, Hong Kong, and New Zealand orders. If you’re in one of those locations and didn’t receive the email asking for your address to accept shipment, please go to https://glowforge.com/shipping . Australia shipments have started, but not completed on time. Please check glowforge.com/account for the current delivery forecast, and we’ll email you as soon as your unit is ready. All other countries’ schedules are unchanged.

:wink:
Its a good idea to check the international shipping updates at the top of the thread first, where Dan updates his posts with news on progress.

Congrats on ordering yours! Its an amazing bit of kit and exhilarating to work with. Hope it arrives soon for you. It is worth the wait.

1 Like

Hi @artmaker_au,

Thank you for responding to my thread - I have clicked through both links and on the Glowforge - the 3D laser printer link I see this…

Does everyone have this when they place their orders or has mine updated and my shipment really is on it’s way :grin::laughing::smile:

Congratulations! Some folks have waited 4 years to receive that notification, after jumping in as founder “investors” in the Glowforge vision.
Great to see new orders are also shipping, now that the oz customs wall has been breached.

Stay patient, from observing others progress, it can take a couple of weeks or even a month before you’ll get a shipping tracking notification. you may even hear from Fedex with tracking info or customs duty info like I did, before you hear again from Glowforge. Jules recently posted a good explanation from her perspective, of how and why this might happen, in another thread. Sorry I can’t find that link right now!

3 Likes

my shipping date was due on 31 oct 2019, until now no email on the item being shipped out or new delivery date… Back since oct 2015… Anyone got the same issue?