International Shipping Latest

I hope you get yours soon!

Oh cool. Thanks again for the info. I have my dogs keeping a keen eye out for delivery trucks haha. Unfortunately everytime I jump up to see what the fuss is it turns out to be squirrels.

2 Likes

Just got an email from support. They said for some reason my shipping email wasnā€™t sent. So they sent it to me now with my code in it. I let them know that thereā€™s a bunch of you that have also not received emailsā€¦ But you guys may want to email support.

Thanks. I did email them last week and received this reply:

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Iā€™m so sorry that you havenā€™t received tracking for your order. That is frustrating. I know it can make it hard to plan when you donā€™t know when your shipment will arrive.

Iā€™ve reached out to the team to investigate why you didnā€™t receive your number, and Iā€™ll follow up as soon as I hear more.

Thatā€™s the exact same one I got! So if your GF shows up and you havenā€™t gotten the shipping email, make sure you contact them again so you can get your Inventables code.

Got the same message. Words for words.

Will do. Thanks. Now I just have to wait patiently and hope Iā€™m home when (if) they show up.

It would almost be funny to hear that if it wasnā€™t so damn maddening. Youā€™d think this company would care a tiny little bit about our satisfaction but they do not give a hoot. Maybe they can make a great product (certainly canā€™t attest to that yet nor can I in all good conscience offer someone my referral number) but they sure as hell donā€™t understand consumer relations.

1 Like

My Glowforge appeared in Victoria BC today, one day earlier than promised on my account page, and about 3 years and 7 weeks after I placed my order! No email (other than the address confirmation request) or tracking number was ever provided but Iā€™m just happy that itā€™s finally here.

2 Likes

It just would have been nice not to get a pre-made message. I would have felt like someone is actually looking into the problem, you know? I just donā€™t know what to think anymore. On one hand, I see that things are moving for many people, but when it comes to us (international orders) we seem to take a back seat (sorry about the rant) :slight_smile:

Yes I agree and I feel your pain.

Interestingly, mine seemed to be delayed while Fedex got me to fill out a brokerage form so if you get a call about a package from Texas, thatā€™s what itā€™s about.

Iā€™ve just received an email (like 3 min. ago) confirming my GF has been shipped! I have the tracking number and all! You should receive your confirmation pretty soon too. Keep us posted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How long ago did you answer the email saying yes you still wanted to receive it?

I answered that one in Mid November.

Also in mid-November. On the 13th more exactly. You should get the email soon. If I did, so will you.

I think I got my email on the 9th.

If you donā€™t mind me asking, was any duty charged or just the clearing costs?

Nothing was charged on delivery and I havenā€™t received any billing from FedEx - yet. Iā€™m not sure what category the Glowforge falls under for duty - if itā€™s classified as a computer peripheral itā€™s likely duty-free under NAFTA.

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s the case. Keep us posted if you donā€™t mind. :beers:

AFAIK you should only have to pay GST/PST/HST. No other duties are on these devices.

1 Like