International Shipping Latest

So @dan, no news about shipping to Australia?

9 Likes

Same here. I have receive the email more than 2 weeks ago like my Glowforge was ready to ship.
I have write at the support and receive 2 emails.

One to said than I could go in my account to view my best shipping date.
Another like you where it’s said than one probleme occure and give me 20$ on my account. It’s push my order front of the line too.
My date in my account it’s always july 31…

Just receive a call from Fedex, She need somes paper for custom.
I send a copy of my invoice of 2015 and fill the forms to let Fedex deal the custom fees like my agent.
My printer is on the road in texas,
Receive date july 4 if all is good !

2 Likes

You actually got a formal invoice from GF?
I’m dealing with Fedex too. They sent me a near illegible copy of the commercial invoice and of course GF didn’t include any NAFTA documents along with with the shipment.
Hopefully they’ll accept a screenshot with some explanation about it being a partial with the airfilter coming later.

No I dont ask for a formal invoice from GF.
But like I have paid with Paypal in 2015, I have search in my old email and print my paypal receipt receive after the GF transaction.

I have complete the General Agency Agreement provide by Fedex.
Like I’m not a business i dont have to provide Canadian business number.

I have make a PDF with the GAA forms with my information and my paypal receipt and send all that’s to Fedex. I have add a note to contact me if it want anythings else…

For now I dont receive another email from Fedex so I think than all is ok for now.

When I go on the Fedex web site I have the information:

Scheduled delivery:

Thursday 7/04/2019 by end of day

IN TRANSIT

FORT WORTH, TX

For now the package is always in Texas, I will refresh the tracking during the week to view if it stay in Fort Worth or if it continue the road to Canada…

15:12

Arrived at FedEx location

PERRYSBURG, OH

The package it’s in ontario Canada at Woodbridge
and the border check is complete !

I find it interesting that we were all “randomly selected”. I asked GF for the invoice and NAFTA proof of origin. I’ll check with Fedex to see if they have what they need.

== update
OMG
Scheduled delivery: Friday 6/28/2019 by end of day
That can’t be right but I take Friday afternoon off.

== update 2
GAA was all that was required, waiting for custom release. Slow clap for Fedex on how easy they made that process.

== update 3
In the door, beautiful brown box I open tomorrow. Only needed the GAA.

3 Likes

Randomly selected for customs clearance lol. It’s a high dollar amount so Canada needs it’s cut :laughing:

They seem to be fine without the NAFTA. Don’t think it’s really required. The laser is classed as free from duties in the tariff schedule.
They didn’t have the Tariff code for the laser though. Should be 8456.10.00 00

Mine’s also gotten updated to Friday. Guess I better get off my butt and get another workbench :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yea, I almost rolled the eyes right out of my head when, in bold text no less, I read:

I have received documents for the above shipment for customs clearance; shipment was randomly, selected by Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA)

I have to assume that is boilerplate without an “algorithmically selected” option.

1 Like

And a really irritating comma! Unless that is a James Kirk pronunciation…

10 Likes

After a lovely semi-colon too. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

No it just got pushed back by another month for me. Given how few Glowforges seem to remain unshipped at this point I wonder whether some one to one feedback or at least updating us on status for regions.

1 Like

ooo so this just showed up

Box is in great condition too :smile:

Now if only I had actual time to set this up this weekend. I’m going to be stuck working :frowning_face:

6 Likes

Mine is start from Woodbridge Ontario during the night.
I hope than the next update will be in Quebec side at the end of the day.

Update:
Always on the Ontario side, the package was at Sudbury thursday and continu to Temiskaming friday and saturday. Now all is jam for few days with the Canada day week-end.

1 Like

Still no email for this guy not sure what happened.

Got mine Friday, about to move things around and light it up.

I had an adrenaline dump after it got delivered, I wasn’t ready to see it for real yet. 2015, lots of feels closing a door with it on the inside.

I’ve already got someone who wants something by the 10th for their wedding reception. I’ll be making a ruler in a couple hours if I have a power bar handy. Off to open the box and read some install instructions.

5 Likes

Nice! I got mine opened up and realized it’s quite a bit bigger than i was expecting. Have to figure out how to deal with the pass through (probably will end up with a different workbench with casters).
The only thing is that the Safety Glasses were missing from the package. Already emailed support about them. Not that regular PC safety glasses wont do in a pinch. It’s what the laser cutting shop I deal with use and they’re using 6 kW CO2 lasers. :thinking:

I still have to figure out my venting situation , but might just steal the BOFA from my other temporarily.

1 Like

Got mine this morning !

Big surprise, the Fedex date was july 4 …

I receive the fedex call just before start to work, I have time to put the 2 box in the house, all box looks good.

Félicitations. I also cringe when I see it on it’s side like that, my delivery guy was kind enough to keep it flat.

When the guy have open the truck, It was full, I was one of the first delivery my little box was flat, but the big one was like the picture. I have placed all package in the house before go to work. And I dont puted flat the printer for now, because I dont have enought space. I will check to place correctly all package at my return. But like I’m in renovation in the house, I will could not start to unpack, test and use it immediately the printer.

2 Likes

Just off loaded the fed ex guy! Glowforge has officially landed. Cant wait to get set up and start zapping!

3 Likes