International Shipping Latest

A comment for shipping to Canada. I did not wait. I have a location in Sweetgrass MT that will receive a shipment from within the USA. Glowforge will ship to you if you provide a US destination. From this point the laser enters Canada to either Calgary or Edmonton or Lethbridge. Now inside Canada you can have it dropshipped to yourself. It works.
If you want me to act on your behalf to shorten the wait time let me know…

Great to hear! @dan can you update the rest of us on current rollout?

We’re all wanting to know whether August 31st is really the delivery date for Aussies.

6 Likes

Guys anyone had their shipping ETA passed and nothing arrived ?!

One person on the Australian GF group has posted that they’ve received their email, hoping there’s more out there… and I keep refreshing my email/spam just in case…

T

2 Likes

Do you have the link to the Australian gf group. I didn’t know there was one. Be nice to be able to communicate with other aussies about the machines

2 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Glowforge.users/

Small group but hopefully very active soon

3 Likes

Yup, that one… hopefully… fingers completely twisted around they’re so crossed, it’ll start to pick up once there’s some deliveries… though the main Glowforge facebook group is nice and active at the moment, though slightly depressing seeing people already having theirs go out of warranty they’ve had them that long…

T

1 Like

Thanks

Always happy to do it here. Am not on FB.

1 Like

One thing I still dont understand is how you can ship the Glowforge to the UK without any problems, but you can’t ship the proofgrade? Just sling some in the sample box that came with the printer and ship it! what’s the problem with that?

2 Likes

I actually wonder whether GF should partner with a local supplier in each region that could do some kind of substitute for us not in the US. In Australia there are companies like Trotec that distribute laserable materials.

5 Likes

I have been wondering the same thing, just for Norway, I got my Glowforge today! but last week before it shipped, I asked customer service if they could send me proofgrade materials for all the compensation credit i have, but that was not possible. What am I supposed to do with the credit…?

2 Likes

Yeah it seems everyone internationally needs a solution @dan for the proofgrade credit that we were promised. I don’t mind if it’s resolved through a 3rd party(s) or we get some funds thown back our way. I think there has been enough time for everyone waiting now to get an answer about the proofgrade credit.

5 Likes

Or at least get the design catalogue up and running so we could use the credit to buy designs. Not that I have my machine yet.

2 Likes

We’re now past due on the Australian shipments without update. The Aussie FB page suggests some movement which is promising. @dan when is the next comms pack coming out?

5 Likes

So with some people getting their emails with later order dates, mine just got pushed to October 31… not impressed… not much I can do…

3 Likes

This is not good. Silence past the due date then two month bump. No updates. This is worse than before. Getting hopes up with some getting emails. And others nothing

@dan please update us

2 Likes

@dan can you please update those still waiting on what is happening. Dates are getting pushed again and there appears to be no reasoning or pattern as to the order they are being sent to Australian customers. There are people who ordered within days of Glowforge launching who haven’t received anything and some people who ordered late that have received their emails. The customer service really seems to be lacking from Glowforge with no updates and generic brush-off emails when we try and contact support to find out what is happening.

3 Likes

@dan an update with some real information about shipping to Australia would be really appreciated. As the others have said, it’s frustrating to receive the same old response to any emails we send through, while seeing orders which were placed later than ours being fulfilled sooner. I had high hopes that the most recent shipping date would stick this time, seeing other Aussies receiving their shipping notifications, but August 31 slipped by with no magic email, and now it seems my date has been pushed back another 2 months.

2 Likes

Is there a difference in the model? Are Basics being delivered but not Pros? That happened with Canada and elsewhere. So people with Basic orders got theirs before people with Pros who ordered earlier.

5 Likes