International Shipping Latest

@dan I love that you’ve opened the shop for proofgrade materials to Europe - Finally I can use my credits! :slight_smile:
However, when I go to the shop - logged in as the user I purchased my GF with, there doesn’t seem to be a lonk called “You’ve got credits on file!” as stated in the International Shipping Latest- thread.

And going through the check-out, it doesn’t seem to provide me with any discountcodes or no discounts…
Would you mind helping me out and finding my credits? :slight_smile:

You probably want to start a thread in Problems and Support, or send an email to support, to resolve this.

They’re probably a “gift card” on file. See what happens if you get to checkout (but don’t checkout/pay unless you verify that it’ll take from your gift card balance).

@dan
Same here, would like to know Dan if you plan to look into this. My credit is there on my account but would waste it mostly on shipping fees to Canada. This is ridiculous as I do business with many US shops and get shipping rates way better than this. It’s not hard to do, get your Fedex contact a call and get better rates. You have volume and all so they can get you better prices.
Please report back.

Canadians who ordered air filters during crowdfunding…My delivery date said Feb. 7 but I had not had a shipping notification or gotten my filter. I contacted support and I was told they have to “manually set up my order”. I have no idea why/what happened but if you are waiting on a filter as well, you might want to check in with them.

1 Like

I’m an American and mine still says January 29. I guess I’ll have to contact them too.

I gave up on trying to get Glowforge to ship to Canada. When I tried to redeem my credits they said they couldn’t ship to Toronto, which is baffling since my machine arrived. Given your note here (despite the absurd shipping fee) I will check again.
I was able to get some laser-grade materials from Trotec who have a warehouse in Mississauga. Good luck with the shipping.

My mom has a place in Palm Springs that she goes to in the winter every year. Thankfully, I was able to ship to her and have her bring the PF materials back so I didn’t waste my whole credit on shipping charges.

In early February, I saw that I was supposed already have my air filter (which I ordered in 2015 during the crowdfunding) but had not even received a shipping notification. I contacted GF and they sent it. But they sent one meant for Europe (I think), not North America. They sent out a new one and as an apology, they gave me a $75 credit. I can’t buy a single thing with that because shipping one piece of PG is more than the credit. Last time I checked it was $83 US in shipping charges to have a piece of Maple ply sent to me.

I have contacted GF several times about finding a different shipping option for Canadians but it’s clear it’s not a priority for them.

Exact same thing. Did get the filter though, after reaching out to them.

Same again. The PG materiel is at a reasonable price but shipping is as much as the order.

We are GF issue twinsies.

I’m thankful that my mom agreed to let me ship a bunch of PG to her when she was at her place in Palm Springs, pre-pandemic. She drove it back for me otherwise I would not have been able to use the credit I got for units shipping so much later than the crowdfunding date without spending most of it on shipping.

I should have thought of that, my folks are always up to sneak another dime out of “the man”.

I asked about cheaper shipping options, there has to be a “on the back of a mule” option that takes a month.

Honestly though, I don’t know why they don’t contract/licence someone in Canada to make PG materiel to those specs and ship it from this side of the border. Anything they make doing that is more than what I’m not spending due to that shipping. =shrug=

Just another thing that points to lack of planning on the GF side.

I think customers outside the US are just not a priority.

It’s a good thing the machine itself is so amazing :slight_smile:

Mentioned in another thread that I just got an order of PG in… had it shipped to Montana and brought up to Edmonton using DYK Post. GF wanted $550USD (or so), ended up paying $175 CAD including customs clearance. There was just GST charged and no duties, this was for $1,100USD worth of PG and replacement parts.
You set up a mailing address in MT for free with Montana mailbox and just let DYK know the pick numbers for clearing. Also, can easily consolidate multiple shipments from various other companies which makes things nice.

1 Like

Been tempted, have family near Cornwall I visit from time to time. Massena likely has a similar service.