iPad Holder

No, 1/8" ply

1 Like

Thanks. I havenā€™t looked at the slot sizing or anything yet.

I have some qtr inch white acrylic I thought would be cool since the iPad is white but Iā€™ll run it with birch ply first.

4 Likes

The plans are for 1/8" ply.

1 Like

Thanks. Just finished off the plaques for the sub reunion. Once I get them all packed & out of here tomorrow I can play with this. I promised Iā€™d send Ben one so he can see how his design translates into actual cuts and physical reality.

1 Like

Is that the size you want for the one Iā€™ll cut for you?

That looks great! Thanks so much for making one!

Iā€™ll modify mine based on your suggested modifications.

I love posting something and having someone make it. The collaborative spirit is awesome!

7 Likes

Hi @jamesdhatch. I think we have an iPad air, so the design I made should fit it, but Iā€™m not 100% sure. Weā€™re away for the weekend, and the iPad is at home, so I canā€™t measure it until Monday.

That being said, I think the shipping to send it to me might be pretty expensive (since Iā€™m in Canada). I donā€™t want you to incur that cost.

If you want to print one for yourself, please go ahead. But I donā€™t think itā€™s fair to ask you to print one for me.

4 Likes

I used 1/8" hardwood ply I got from HomeDepot. But its pretty light so I used 1/8 mdf for the base since its heavier.

3 Likes

Check it Monday and Iā€™ll make adjustments as needed.

No problem cutting & sending you one. Itā€™s flats rate so no big postage issue disassembled into the component parts :slightly_smiling_face: Gives me something to play with on the laser & spreads the wealth. Kind of a pay-it-forward thing.

7 Likes

Fit some brass to it and some rivetsā€¦SteamPunkall the wayā€¦ā€œMOMā€ā€¦ :thumbsup:

3 Likes

The more I look at these, the more I like them (and I liked them lots at first sight)!

5 Likes

Looks great!!!

2 Likes

Love what you did with the earbud holder.

5 Likes

I made a modified version of it to fit my iPad Pro 9" with itā€™s big case:

36 Likes

That looks awesome!

1 Like

Nice! Iā€™ve been scouring around for something to hold my Mini at my work area . I sure wish I visualized as well in 3d as I do 2d.

2 Likes

Noice! :sunglasses::+1:

5 Likes

Wow!! Was this really 2 years ago?

6 Likes

Discourse rounds up. The gap was 1 year 2 months.

3 Likes

I had the same reaction!

1 Like