After being stuck on “centering” and running all of the usual fixes, Glowforge sent me a black lid cable. I turned off my machine, unplugged it, installed the cable, and nothing. Tried again and again and it looked like everything was seated perfectly but still nothing was happening. On the last time I turned it on and smelled burning plastic, so I shut it off immediately and haven’t touched it since.
I am not sure what else to do now. I bought this Glowforge in October of this year. My other Glowforge is a refurb which I also bought around the same time, and it works okay, but it does not work nearly as consistently as this one did until the lid cable issue.