Issue uploading some files not all

just to be clear, are you trying to load an SVG file that you have already successfully loaded in the past, or are you trying to upload a new svg (having successfully loaded other SVGs in the past)

if it’s a file that you know worked in the past, then the problem is beyond my ability to help. If it’s a new SVG that won’t load, and you feel comfortable posting it here, I can take a quick look and see if there is a problem with the file itself.

They are SVG file that i uploaded previously and printed without an issue. Now it won"t upload them…

sorry, I’m probably not gonna be able to help in that case. Maybe your account needs some backend reset or somesuch… guess you may need to wait for some official GF support.:frowning:

I have that file. No problem uploading or starting it.

What browser are you using? Chrome seems to have the fewest issues. Sometimes browser updates mess with the GFUI app. Just a thought.

Chrome…

1 Like

I’m also having this issue, using Chrome. I have tried to upload a new svg file I’ve never used before, and also some that I have already used with success - BOTH do not work. It looks like it thinks the file has been uploaded, but I cannot see the file elements. See photo for what it looks like. *edit: I realize in my screenshot I have it set to “ignore” the imagery, however even when it’s on manual cut, I still have this error.

1 Like

you got more than i got. Mine acts like it uploaded but says no artwork and i don’t even get the file elements

Didn’t someone report an issue just like this a few days ago and it turned out their SVG files were weirdly corrupted? Or I’m having deja vu.

Edit: found it. Can't upload a file

It wasn’t corruption, it was “Inkscape SVG”.

2 Likes

Hmm, I can’t seem to get re-saving the file to work. I’m working in Illustrator. Could the file be corrupted even though I had already successfully printed it out and simply used the same saved file in the Glowforge app?
Also: the files open alright in a browser so I don’t think they are corrupt?

1 Like

I save mine as a “plain SVG”

I got mine to finally upload but i had to save the file as a "PDF"first, then I deleted the old SVG file and then save the PDF as an SVG.

Still can’t open the catalog file at all…

Have no idea if it’s related, but I’ve also been having random issues getting files that have previously worked fine to upload. I can open and process stuff already uploaded though. It happened to me last night, but today the same files loaded fine. This happened the other day as well.

1 Like

I doubt it does but wonder with all the uploads they are doing has anything do with it…

I dunno :-/ My machine has typically pretty rock solid, but it’s been a bit buggy here and there for a bit now. I don’t know if it’s right, but I’ve attributed it to the update.

1 Like

I’m having issues getting both JPEG and SVG files to open from the home page–two issues: some either don’t render at all, or I open one file but it’s a different file that is rendered (even open an SVG and it opens an older JPEG or visa versa). Example: click on a llama image for etching, but renders my file for cutting “s” hooks.

And even once logging back in the GFUI reopened to an older file, and not the last one I worked on.

But have this issue even after my computer was restarted and logged out & back into GF. (I do run Firefox). And recently cleaned my hard drive/cache/temp files.

I usually just “upload” my files directly from GFUI, so wonder if that’s messing up trying to reopen a file via Home page?

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about this. You may see no design (along with a “No Artwork” message) when opening a file you’ve already worked with if the original artwork was deleted while preparing a print. When you edit a design on your Workspace, the changes are automatically saved as you make them. That means that if you close your browser, navigate to another page, or just hit refresh, your work will pick up right where you left off.

Please note that the thumbnail you see on your Dashboard at app.glowforge.com will reflect the artwork in the original file you uploaded, and doesn’t update to show any changes, including artwork added or deleted.

Should you make a change by mistake, you can use undo any time until you leave or refresh the page. If you want a clean start, you can always go to your dashboard and click the upload button to upload the file again.

If you got the design from the catalog, then you can start fresh by opening the design, clicking on the three-dot icon, and choosing “Reset Design” to remove all changes.

Could you please try the following steps for me with your Owl Switchplate design?

1. Open the design in the Workspace of the Glowforge app.

1. Click the “…” button

1. Click “Reset Design”

1. The artwork for this design should load into the Workspace, and the following message should appear in the bottom right corner:

Regarding any error messages you see while trying to upload a file, I believe this is a separate issue. The error message you described can appear if a file includes something our software can’t process. If you’re still getting an error message when trying to upload a file, I’d like to take a look at the file. If you don’t want to post it here, you can email it to support@glowforge.com.

@vee It worked i forgot all about the reset design. I had to that before i guess it’s it’s my old age… :wink:

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!